+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Boxing

Re: Boxing

Hes got a great right hand. Not great apart from that.

The division just lacks talent.

The state on AJs next opponent is embarrassing.

Wilder shouldn’t even be a champion. Fury won 9/10 rounds and somehow they scored a draw. Fury would out box anyone in the division. And has proved hes got a hell of a chin too.

Walked right into that

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Walked right into that
    It can't be good for you!

Wilder, AJ and Fury have all signed tv deals with different companies, so they’ll probably all avoid each other until the PPV revenue dwindles.

I think people underestimate Wilder. His fight with Fury saw him frustrated as Fury is a clever boxer. But as they say, if you are fighting an American in America you have to knock them out to win.

Boxing is shite these days ....its turned into Wrestling razzmatazz. I aint watched it for years and I certainly won't pay £20 to watch AJ v White etc.

Wilder/Fury was good, AJ/Klitschko was epic, As was Fury/Klitschko.

I actually think Dillian White is quite good. Some of the upcoming Brits look promising too. Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce could be contenders soon.

I just wish they’d all fight every month or two. Not good for their health, but good entertainment for us. 😄😄

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I agree. The Japanese kid Inoue was far more impressive on the Josh Taylor card.

Yeah, Inoue is f..king awesome.

One of them needs to be careful as if wend up getting a loss against 2nd rate fighters the interest will start to go.

Wilder beats Fury in a rematch as Wilder knows he can keep him down if gambles earlier.

The whole fight deal has complicated things, the 3 of them know they can make a whole lot of money this way. The fights should be made and then put out for the tv companies to bid for.

The fury Klitchko fight was awful as well, these 3 are going to make a ton of money

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    Wilder/Fury was good, AJ/Klitschko was epic, As was Fury/Klitschko.

I actually think Dillian White is quite good. Some of the upcoming Brits look promising too. Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce could be contenders soon.

I just wish they’d all fight every month or two. Not good for their health, but good entertainment for us. ����
    Fury & Klitschko was dog shit

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

He has immense power but his technical ability is awful

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Were they just going through the motions?

It wasn’t. It was a boxing masterclass from Fury. He absolutely schooled Klitschko whereas Joshua probably should’ve lost in the middle rounds to him.

Entertainment wise it isn’t great I get it, however it’s called boxing not “knock out punch”.

It wasn’t. It was a boxing masterclass from Fury. He absolutely schooled Klitschko whereas Joshua probably should’ve lost in the middle rounds to him.

Entertainment wise it isn’t great I get it, however it’s called boxing not “knock out punch”.
    He ran away from him for 12 rounds

He ran away from him for 12 rounds
    Yet won the fight by unanimous decision. In Germany. Against a two year younger Klitschko than what Joshua faced at home.

Yet won the fight by unanimous decision. In Germany. Against a two year younger Klitschko than what Joshua faced at home.
    You can hardly call that a masterclass though if anything klitschko beat himself if they fought another 10 times I’d put money on klitschko winning at least 8 of those

Boxing has become a farce. Very average boxers are being spoon fed patsies to make a big money earner.
    The happy days of Leonard, Hearns, Hagler etc will never be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Boxing has become a farce. Very average boxers are being spoon fed patsies to make a big money earner.
    The happy days of Leonard, Hearns, Hagler etc will never be repeated.
    Or Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Shavers etc, outstanding heavyweight division. Clay/Ali was unbelievable in the 60s, seemed to be fighting every 6 months ....forget that, he made five defences of his title in 1966!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Or Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Shavers etc, outstanding heavyweight division. Clay/Ali was unbelievable in the 60s, seemed to be fighting every 6 months ....forget that, he made five defences of his title in 1966!!!!!!
    And what was they 15 rounds?

And what was they 15 rounds?
    And then he got Parkinson's related to boxing so maybe the old 15 round, 5 times a year malarkey is best left in the past eh

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    And then he got Parkinson's related to boxing so maybe the old 15 round, 5 times a year malarkey is best left in the past eh
    Totally agree