+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NW and the quest for promotion.

Re: NW and the quest for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I can't argue with your stats but I disagree with your assessment of what NW is capable of. Given the transfer restrictions we've worked under I would argue he's done brilliantly in trying to gradually evolve our squad into containing better footballers.

Our recruitment has clearly been done with a view to gradually improving the club this time, rather than the boom or bust we had last time. This is why there has been little anger at the relegation this year.

As others have noted, this year is the key year to discover what NW is capable of once he's finally got enough decent players in the squad. He's finally in a position where he can add a bit of quality depth to the squad that we've been missing so far.

I for one am more excited for this coming year than I have been for at least two seasons.
    He bought two good footballers and one of them sat on the bench for most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He bought two good footballers and one of them sat on the bench for most of the season.
    Exactly, our transfer dealings record when it comes to permanent signings since January 2018 has to be rated as poor whatever the criteria you view them by - Decordova-Reid and Murphy were surely not bought as part of some "project" which would see us prosper in three seasons time, they were bought to help keep us in the Premier League.

What player signed since January 2018 could we definitely sell for more than we paid for him? I would argue the answer to that as of today is none - hardly a sign of some sort of long term plan.

That bloke Clough was awful as well.....................according to Leeds!!!!