+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Equalty means so much to the BBC

Re: If Equalty means so much to the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Imagine actually caring about this. Men have plenty of representation in football, there’s no harm in the BBC trying to shine more light on the women’s game
    This, a million times.

Slightly off topic, but a number of female golfers want and expect to have the same prize money as their male counterparts.

Thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Slightly off topic, but a number of female golfers want and expect to have the same prize money as their male counterparts.

Thoughts....
    Surely that’s the sponsors decision to make?

Out of interest what division, or level of football would the Welsh Ladies National team play at?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Out of interest what division, or level of football would the Welsh Ladies National team play at?
    In 2016 the Australian women’s national football team, the “Walltzing Matildas” were beaten 7-0 by a team of 15-year-old boys. The game was stopped early to prevent further humiliation. At the time the Waltzing Matildas were ranked fifth in the world.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/footba...in-no-surprise

Women are as strong and fast as 13/14-year-old boys. That will never change. So to answer your question the Wales women’s team would be playing with pubescent boys if they played the men’s game.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    In 2016 the Australian women’s national football team, the “Walltzing Matildas” were beaten 7-0 by a team of 15-year-old boys. The game was stopped early to prevent further humiliation. At the time the Waltzing Matildas were ranked fifth in the world.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/footba...in-no-surprise

Women are as strong and fast as 13/14-year-old boys. That will never change. So to answer your question the Wales women’s team would be playing with pubescent boys if they played the men’s game.
    Which beggars the question, on the grounds of equality and fairness, why aren't we promoting the pubescent boys game in this country. Give them the equality that women want.
    We should fully expect the promotion of young lads being forced to play in empty 30,000 seat stadium, advertised and publicised to the hilt, being shown by the BBC and Sky and getting the financial parity of the ladies game.
    We should also expect to see pubescent panelists on MOTD and various other football programmes as well as colour commentators at games.
    The latter may already be happening with the high pitched screeching commentators we hear on TV and radio at times.....😉

Which beggars the question, on the grounds of equality and fairness, why aren't we promoting the pubescent boys game in this country. Give them the equality that women want.
    We should fully expect the promotion of young lads being forced to play in empty 30,000 seat stadium, advertised and publicised to the hilt, being shown by the BBC and Sky and getting the financial parity of the ladies game.
    We should also expect to see pubescent panelists on MOTD and various other football programmes as well as colour commentators at games.
    The latter may already be happening with the high pitched screeching commentators we hear on TV and radio at times.....��
    As a man i have grown up with the availability and support of team sports. There has always been mens football on tv whether that be on terrestrial tv showing live matches or highlights via programs like match of the day. It was natural for me to play football in the school yard and made the majority of my friends through football. Since leaving school i have played club sports where i have met many friends who have been there for me in tough times and good times. I am not an elite sports man and if i were to play n an elite sports enviroment i imagine my skill set would equate me to the level of pubescent boys.

In the majority of cases, these sports opportunity do not exist for girls. An area containing 100 boys football teams may only see 10 for girls within it. Girls do not go into the school yard and play sports, they do not see many sporting role models on tv, and as such they do not develop as quickly and in as many numbers as boys.

I would love to see my daughter have the opportunity to play team sports in here community, and have the physical, mental and community benefits i had from team sports. Very few people achieve elite status anyway.

If the bbc find some time in their schedule for female sports, be that netball, women's football, women's cricket, etc then i am all for it, especially at a time where satellite networks are holding a monopoly on sports.

Some people on here need to start asking themselves why they're moaning about something before they do.

Who's life is this making worse and why is it bothering you? Some people just feel the need to get outraged about something for absolutley nothing beacuse it fits into some strange agenda. What are the negative aspects about this that are making you feel the need to log onto an internet forum and whinge about it?

People need to have a bit more perspective and try and be a bit more positive about things. More girls playing sport is good, more coverages and role models encouraging girls to play sport it good. What a complete waste of energy moaning about this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Some people on here need to start asking themselves why they're moaning about something before they do.

Who's life is this making worse and why is it bothering you? Some people just feel the need to get outraged about something for absolutley nothing beacuse it fits into some strange agenda. What are the negative aspects about this that are making you feel the need to log onto an internet forum and whinge about it?

People need to have a bit more perspective and try and be a bit more positive about things. More girls playing sport is good, more coverages and role models encouraging girls to play sport it good. What a complete waste of energy moaning about this is.
    I was responding to the BBC publishing three articles on Ada Hederberg in two days. She wants equal pay as her Norwegian male counterparts. I don't think that she has earned that and her demands are unreasonable.

I was responding to the BBC publishing three articles on Ada Hederberg in two days. She wants equal pay as her Norwegian male counterparts. I don't think that she has earned that and her demands are unreasonable.
    Recently the US WNT had a similar dispute.
    They are far more successful than the men's team, attract bigger crowds, but are paid a fraction as much (only talking about fees while playing for the national team here) .
    Also they are made to fly economy while the men's team travel in first or business.
    They aren't saying that they should all get paid the same as Messi, but where there is a clear parallel why shouldn't they get paid the same

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    As a man i have grown up with the availability and support of team sports. There has always been mens football on tv whether that be on terrestrial tv showing live matches or highlights via programs like match of the day. It was natural for me to play football in the school yard and made the majority of my friends through football. Since leaving school i have played club sports where i have met many friends who have been there for me in tough times and good times. I am not an elite sports man and if i were to play n an elite sports enviroment i imagine my skill set would equate me to the level of pubescent boys.

In the majority of cases, these sports opportunity do not exist for girls. An area containing 100 boys football teams may only see 10 for girls within it. Girls do not go into the school yard and play sports, they do not see many sporting role models on tv, and as such they do not develop as quickly and in as many numbers as boys.

I would love to see my daughter have the opportunity to play team sports in here community, and have the physical, mental and community benefits i had from team sports. Very few people achieve elite status anyway.

If the bbc find some time in their schedule for female sports, be that netball, women's football, women's cricket, etc then i am all for it, especially at a time where satellite networks are holding a monopoly on sports.
    As a man I have --

I was expecting you to say now i'm a woman ------

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Men of Women Origin?
    Orange men women ffs

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Orange men women ffs
    and reflect
    if i sut su ma and reflect clemetines i think i would want a tizer

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Recently the US WNT had a similar dispute.
    They are far more successful than the men's team, attract bigger crowds but are paid a fraction as much (only talking about fees while playing for the national team here) .
    Also they are made to fly economy while the men's team travel in first or business.
    They aren't saying that they should all get paid the same as Messi, but where there is a clear parallel why shouldn't they get paid the same
    They don’t attract bigger crowds

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/12/1...rcent-in-2018/

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/12/1...st-since-2006/

Maybe women should break away from FIFA etc and set up their own female-controlled sport. They’d probably make more money that way.

And lo and behold here's the BBC spreading fake news that the US women's team attract bigger crowds than the men's team.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/48432479

Outright lies

I think those first 2 links aren’t accurate as they count away fans in the totals and the USMNT are playing 3 South American teams there which is why they have such big attendances.

Im not saying anyone is right either way but it looks like if you just count home fans it could be that the women have a higher attendance.

Weird thing to get so annoyed about though.

The irony of this post is amusing 🤔🤣

The irony of this post is amusing ����
    Why's that mate?

Is it because I get annoyed at you being a racist and islamaphobe on here?

There's the difference you see, that actually affects people and is worth getting annoyed about. Crying about a woman's football award is pointless.

And lo and behold here's the BBC spreading fake news that the US women's team attract bigger crowds than the men's team.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/48432479

Outright lies
    Outright lies seems a bit strong, I mean it's clear to anyone looking at these values that something is skewing them for thr last 4 fixtures:

1/28/18 – Friendly – USA vs. Bosnia & Herzegovina – StubHub Center – 11,161
    3/27/18 – Friendly – USA vs. Paraguay – WakeMed Soccer Park – 9,825
    5/28/18 – Friendly – USA vs. Bolivia – Talen Energy Stadium – 11,882
    9/7/18 – Friendly – USA vs. Brazil – MetLife Stadium – 32,489
    9/11/18 – Friendly – USA vs. Mexico – Nissan Stadium – 40,194
    10/11/18 – Friendly – USA vs. Colombia – Raymond James Stadium – 38,631
    10/16/18 – Friendly – USA vs. Peru – Pratt & Whitney Stadium – 24,959
    But you only need to read the next paragraph to understand why:

One thing that these numbers don’t account for is the number of fans of opposing teams that show up at games and skew the averages. The final four home games of the year all saw crowds that were substantially in favor of the opposing team especially the Mexico game in Nashville and the Colombia game in Tampa. In those games, it was virtually all away fans, save for the American Outlaws behind the goal.

Outright lies seems a bit strong, I mean it's clear to anyone looking at these values that something is skewing them for thr last 4 fixtures:

But you only need to read the next paragraph to understand why:
    Wow you are more deluded than I thought. The men's team have always attracted bigger crowds, averaged over any given year, than the women's team. But of course you disagree with that fact because your thought processes are driven by political rhetoric rather than logic and facts.

Wow you are more deluded than I thought. The men's team have always attracted bigger crowds, averaged over any given year, than the women's team. But of course you disagree with that fact because your thought processes are driven by political rhetoric rather than logic and facts.
    I'm not disagreeing with anything I don't care who has the higher attendances I'm just posting word for word what it says in your links.

These links show the men have higher average attendances better:

https://cms2.ussoccer.com/womens-nat...rds/attendance

https://cms2.ussoccer.com/mens-natio...ndance-by-year

According to this though the USWNT brings in more revenue

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/her...230443224.html

Why's that mate?

Is it because I get annoyed at you being a racist and islamaphobe on here?

There's the difference you see, that actually affects people and is worth getting annoyed about. Crying about a woman's football award is pointless.
    You whinge and cry about anything and anyone that doesn't agree with you and your warped, blinkered way of thinking. You're trapped in your own mind.
    Sad really!!
    Are people not allowed to say anything negative about Islam, especially when it's factual and an opinion based around facts?
    If I disagree with someone on here, are we not allowed to say so?
    If I disagree with anything from another country or any other religion are we not allowed to say so?
    In fact are there certain things that we are now not allowed to have an open discussion about?
    Really? Is that how far some people have lost the plot.
    Do we all have to follow the same narrow narrative, as in some sort of communist Orwellian nightmare?
    Finally, you're a keyboard warrior calling someone you know very little about, a racist.
    Islam is not a race, despite your delusions believing it is.
    Evidence where I am a racist, otherwise I expect a full apology from you and confirmation that you are a blinkered idiot.

the state of you

You whinge and cry about anything and anyone that doesn't agree with you and your warped, blinkered way of thinking. You're trapped in your own mind.
    Sad really!!
    Are people not allowed to say anything negative about Islam, especially when it's factual and an opinion based around facts?
    If I disagree with someone on here, are we not allowed to say so?
    If I disagree with anything from another country or any other religion are we not allowed to say so?
    In fact are there certain things that we are now not allowed to have an open discussion about?
    Really? Is that how far some people have lost the plot.
    Do we all have to follow the same narrow narrative, as in some sort of communist Orwellian nightmare?
    Finally, you're a keyboard warrior calling someone you know very little about, a racist.
    Islam is not a race, despite your delusions believing it is.
    Evidence where I am a racist, otherwise I expect a full apology from you and confirmation that you are a blinkered idiot.
    Just because somebody disagrees with you on a football forum, it doesn't mean that they're trying to oppress what you say or think-You know that though.