+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Re: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    And you don't understand that whilst you can have free speech, your speech will still have consequence.
    Is that your argument for the suppression of free speech? Ok, how would you justify the spying on political opponents?

Blog Entries

I'm very happy to stand by comment that I think the poster 'Wales-Blaes' is not right in the mind. I'm not mocking his disability, merely pointing out that he may have one.
    I'm not suggesting it because he doesn't share my views, I'm suggesting it because his views are consistently batshit mental.
    So you are saying he has a disability because you don't share his "batshit mental" views? that's what I said to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    So you are saying he has a disability because you don't share his "batshit mental" views? that's what I said to start with.
    His can you argue against this kind of logic

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's saying people have a right to express their opinions as long as they are not breaking the law.

Everybody else is saying that people with opinions different to their own need to be silenced.
    Who’s saying that Morrissey?!

No ones saying anyone needs to be silenced.

I’m happy for Morrissey to support a facist party, I’m happy for Morrissey to come out with his bigoted views. I’m equally happy for him to be challenged on those views.

That’s how free speech works.

A nice justification of silencing voices you don't agree with for you.
    Are you going to come up with an original thought, or are you just going to copy & paste from the internet all night?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I'm not disagreeing - I disagree that it is 'low' for me to point it out. I'm trying to help this man/woman come to terms with their disability.

You obviously haven't grasped the concept of free speech
    I have these people are allowed to say what they want. That is the concept of free speech.

It doesn’t mean we have to treat all views equally. All views don’t deserve equal platforms or equal debates.

It’s you who don’t understand the concept.

That's where you would be very mistaken

BTW I am still waiting for someone to justify the silencing of voices they don't agree with ... come on, surely somebody has got it in them to put together a convincing argument?
    I went and looked at a job a few years back. I was assessing the job when the bloke came out with some of the most vile racist shit about his neighbours i've ever heard, i let it go the first time, although when he started again i told him that i don't want the job if he's going to talk racist shit like that. Was i oppressing him by withdrawing my privately run services?

Are you going to come up with an original thought, or are you just going to copy & paste from the internet all night?
    The irony here is off the chart.

I have given you my opinion, I'm using sources to further illustrate this for you as you don't seem to be able to grasp it.

I'm not disagreeing - I disagree that it is 'low' for me to point it out. I'm trying to help this man/woman come to terms with their disability.
    I don't need your help thanks, I am quite capable of operating on a far higher level than you are. You just regurigate whatever is swirling around inside your echo chamber at any given moment

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He understands it as the propaganda he’s read on right wing conspiracy websites without realising he’s being taken in then tries to pass it off as faux intellectualism.
    Oh definitely

I have given you my opinion, I'm using sources to further illustrate this for you as you don't seem to be able to grasp it.
    I have already grasped that you are a brainwashed idiot incapable of original thought. Thanks for the entertainment!

I don't need your help thanks, I am quite capable of operating on a far higher level than you are. You just regurigate whatever is swirling around inside your echo chamber at any given moment
    OK buddy you win, I give up. I can only hope that one day I can raise myself to your level of intellect. Goodnight.

I have these people are allowed to say what they want. That is the concept of free speech.

It doesn’t mean we have to treat all views equally. All views don’t deserve equal platforms or equal debates.

It’s you who don’t understand the concept.
    What about this is wrong then?

OK buddy you win, I give up. I can only hope that one day I can raise myself to your level of intellect. Goodnight.
    I was hoping to learn something new, so I'm quite disappointed really. You made it sound like you had the ability to change my way of thinking, but alas it wasn't to be. All I got was a bunch of clichés

The irony has reached a new peak

Just had a quick look at the politics board, crazy how many formally normal posters now post non stop far right conspiracy stuff. Scary how well it’s easily penetrated normal and intelligent people who then just back slap each other for being right and not a sheep while pedalling complete crap.

Same thing happens every time governments have gone to the far right throughout history. This board has basically become unreadable because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

The irony has reached a new peak
    Come on man, this topic looked promising, but it turned out to be old and stale recycled junk

Just had a quick look at the politics board, crazy how many formally normal posters now post non stop far right conspiracy stuff. Scary how well it’s easily penetrated normal and intelligent people who then just back slap each other for being right and not a sheep while pedalling complete crap.

Same thing happens every time governments have gone to the far right throughout history. This board has basically become unreadable because of it.
    Wow, you've got your finger on the pulse, everyone has been found out

I was hoping to learn something new, so I'm quite disappointed really. You made it sound like you had the ability to change my way of thinking, but alas it wasn't to be. All I got was a bunch of clichés
    I'm sorry. You've driven me to the 'No, I will not debate you' stage. If you really wish to challenge your own way of thinking, then have a good read of this link below. It's me copying and pasting again I'm afraid, but you'll have to excuse me as this details what I'm trying to impart to you far more eloquently than I'm able to. Go on, do yourself a favour and read it, I'm not trying to impose 'cultural marxism' on you I promise. Would be good to hear what you think about the arguments therein.

https://longreads.com/2018/09/18/no-...ot-debate-you/

Wow, you've got your finger on the pulse, everyone has been found out
    You don’t have to have your fingers on the pulse, the list of threads and peoples posts are there for all to see.

It’s depressing how many normal people have been driven to more hateful opinions.

You don’t have to have your fingers on the pulse, the list of threads and peoples posts are there for all to see.

It’s depressing how many normal people have been driven to more hateful opinions.
    I agree, this board has become like AA's place, openly racist 'jokes', Qanon levels of delusion, all the old folks throwing the word 'snowflake' around like it's not the most embarrassing badge of an arsehole ever. At least the posters on **** sort of recognise they're cnuts and don't try to hide it.. a bit more pernicious on here - sad times.

They never seem to justify why they think that it's ok to say horrible things about other people without any basis or evidence when they're challenged,Rather, they concentrate on the 'Free Speech' thing and accuse those who disagree with them as attempting to nullify their freedom of speech, rather than concentrate on what they actually said-Playing the ****ing Martyr.

I'm sorry. You've driven me to the 'No, I will not debate you' stage. If you really wish to challenge your own way of thinking, then have a good read of this link below. It's me copying and pasting again I'm afraid, but you'll have to excuse me as this details what I'm trying to impart to you far more eloquently than I'm able to. Go on, do yourself a favour and read it, I'm not trying to impose 'cultural marxism' on you I promise. Would be good to hear what you think about the arguments therein.
    https://longreads.com/2018/09/18/no-...ot-debate-you/
    I will read it, thank you The difference between us, is I have a slghtly different view regarding the role of the media, and the way the political system works behind the scenes. Hopefully everyone will get to see this view shortly, as I don't think it is going to remain hidden for much longer. Maybe then people will start to question things and begin to think for themselves. I don't blame others for being stuck in a bubble, as my entire worldview used to consist of what I read in the Guardian or watched on Newsnight, so I know it's not easy to accept anything that happens outside of that.