+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    But you say that the Spillers shop owner can choose not to sell specific items based on her values and beliefs.
    You then contradict yourself by saying that a Christian Baker can not choose to sell specific items based on their values and beliefs.
    Where do you stand on the schools in the Midlands that want to educate young children on equality, including matters relating to same sex relationships. This is in accordance with the education services throughout England.
    However, as we have all read there are a large number of parents in predominantly Muslim areas who refuse this education to continue.
    I would be very interested on your (and others) thoughts.
    Thanks in advance
    I said that its wrong to refuse to sell something to someone based on their sexuality, not that they can't choose to sell certain things. They can sell whatever they want, but its wrong to refuse to sell their stock based on sexuality.

Refusing to stock a particular individual's music due to their political beliefs and refusing to sell cake to someone because they're gay are not the same thing, it isn't a valid comparison. You can choose your political beliefs, you can't choose your sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I said that its wrong to refuse to sell something to someone based on their sexuality, not that they can't choose to sell certain things. They can sell whatever they want, but its wrong to refuse to sell their stock based on sexuality.

Refusing to stock a particular individual's music due to their political beliefs and refusing to sell cake to someone because they're gay are not the same thing, it isn't a valid comparison. You can choose your political beliefs, you can't choose your sexuality.
    Well said. Even Croesy Blue couldn't have topped it for political correctness.

Homosexuals are born with an extra chromosome, pink in colour, and simply cannot resist indulging in a spot of arse banditry. It's also very, very wrong to criticise or discriminate against those who practice various religions for they too were born with their faith and, just like homosexuals, have no choice but to follow their natural proclivities. I daresay shoplifting sprogs are regularly dropped along with home burgling ones because there's an awful lot of them around nowadays. Which begs the question: is it fair to criminalise their actions? Punishing them with fines or imprisonment for failing to suppress their innate predisposition seems awfully unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Well said. Even Croesy Blue couldn't have topped it for political correctness.

Homosexuals are born with an extra chromosome, pink in colour, and simply cannot resist indulging in a spot of arse banditry. It's also very, very wrong to criticise or discriminate against those who practice various religions for they too were born with their faith and, just like homosexuals, have no choice but to follow their natural proclivities. I daresay shoplifting sprogs are regularly dropped along with home burgling ones because there's an awful lot of them around nowadays. Which begs the question: is it fair to criminalise their actions? Punishing them with fines or imprisonment for failing to suppress their innate predisposition seems awfully unfair.
    I trust this is tongue in cheek, otherwise you're bang out of order.