+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: so Spillers bans Morrissey

so Spillers bans Morrissey

i see spillers records have decided to ban Morrissey records today on the eve of his new LP because of his political views which has now gone viral around the world

something tells me a great bit of publicity from Spillers as his records will sell by the bucket load anyway

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...anned-16313914

whether you like the artist or not what's everyone's thoughts as it's raised alot of debate on social media regarding freedom of speech ?

Re: so Spillers bans Morrissey

I've always had him on ban, no Morrisey in this house

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i see spillers records have decided to ban Morrissey records today on the eve of his new LP because of his political views which has now gone viral around the world

something tells me a great bit of publicity from Spillers as his records will sell by the bucket load anyway

whether you like the artist or not what's everyone's thoughts as it's raised alot of debate on social media regarding freedom of speech ?
    The government haven't banned him - a private enterprise has. Nothing to do with free speech.

For some reason lots of musicans appear to have such a high opinion of themselves and their views on everything are so important.

Ultimately they are in an entertainment business and if they do feel so strongly they should try their hand at being a politician.

On this occasion the store has got some free publicity I'm sure there are various artists who have done far worse selling records there.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    For some reason lots of musicans appear to have such a high opinion of themselves and their views on everything are so important.

Ultimately they are in an entertainment business and if they do feel so strongly they should try their hand at being a politician.

On this occasion the store has got some free publicity I'm sure there are various artists who have done far worse selling records there.
    There's a wee bit of an irony that we express our views on here but criticise others for expressing theirs. (Not that I would align myself with the individual in this case).

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I've always had him on ban, no Morrisey in this house
    I've always thought that he comes across as very stupid, simplistic and puerile when he's interviewed, it's like he does it on purpose like the petulant tosser he is.

They're a business, they can choose to sell what they like

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There's a wee bit of an irony that we express our views on here but criticise others for expressing theirs. (Not that I would align myself with the individual in this case).
    They’re not criticising him for expressing his views though, they’re criticising his ignorant views.

Do you think no views should ever be criticised?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    They’re not criticising him for expressing his views though, they’re criticising his ignorant views.

My comment wasn't directed at Spillers. And my comment didn't relate to any views being criticised.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

DO you know what the word “ignorant” means?

They better check through all the records they handle, I'm sure tucked away in that death metal will be some extremes.

How dare he have a different political view to them

“Different political view to them”

Surely they are banning him because he is supporting a racist group. Not about their view vs his. More a decent view of society vs his.... Simply his view is to support a racist group

Another looney lefty shop who dares to have differing views to themselves.
    Life is about differing views and agendas that's what makes human life tick. It doesn't make it right or wrong.
    I bet they would throw milkshakes around as well

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

I see his latest album is being slated for its contradictory messages.

Shirley he's not just playing with peoples' minds to sell records?

As a side I think it’s shite that Spillers’ original location is now Giovanni’s Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I see his latest album is being slated for its contradictory messages.

Shirley he's not just playing with peoples' minds to sell records?
    He's not as clever as he thinks he is and comes out with nonsense to stay relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Another looney lefty shop who dares to have differing views to themselves.
    Life is about differing views and agendas that's what makes human life tick. It doesn't make it right or wrong.
    I bet they would throw milkshakes around as well
    And their view is that his records shouldn't be sold in their shop. Simple

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And their view is that his records shouldn't be sold in their shop. Simple
    So the Christian bakers should have been allowed to say no to being forced to sell gay iconography on their cakes, because the gay customers deliberately targeted their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    As a side I think it’s shite that Spillers’ original location is now Giovanni’s Italian.
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    looney lefty
    Out of interest, what does this quote actually mean?

How many people actually purchase from spillers

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    So the Christian bakers should have been allowed to say no to being forced to sell gay iconography on their cakes, because the gay customers deliberately targeted their shop.
    No, refusing to sell something to someone based on who they happen to love is infringes on their rights and discriminates sue to something they can't control

This is a slightly different case seeing as you can't choose to be gay or straight, whereas Morrissey can choose to support far-right candidates

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No, refusing to sell something to someone based on who they happen to love is infringes on their rights and discriminates sue to something they can't control

This is a slightly different case seeing as you can't choose to be gay or straight, whereas Morrissey can choose to support far-right candidates
    But you say that the Spillers shop owner can choose not to sell specific items based on her values and beliefs.
    You then contradict yourself by saying that a Christian Baker can not choose to sell specific items based on their values and beliefs.
    Where do you stand on the schools in the Midlands that want to educate young children on equality, including matters relating to same sex relationships. This is in accordance with the education services throughout England.
    However, as we have all read there are a large number of parents in predominantly Muslim areas who refuse this education to continue.
    I would be very interested on your (and others) thoughts.
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    On another topic, Giovanni is on “ FIRST DATES” on channel 4 next week

The one from that Frenchman’s restaurant in London