+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Re: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    But you say that the Spillers shop owner can choose not to sell specific items based on her values and beliefs.
    You then contradict yourself by saying that a Christian Baker can not choose to sell specific items based on their values and beliefs.
    Where do you stand on the schools in the Midlands that want to educate young children on equality, including matters relating to same sex relationships. This is in accordance with the education services throughout England.
    However, as we have all read there are a large number of parents in predominantly Muslim areas who refuse this education to continue.
    I would be very interested on your (and others) thoughts.
    Thanks in advance
    I said that its wrong to refuse to sell something to someone based on their sexuality, not that they can't choose to sell certain things. They can sell whatever they want, but its wrong to refuse to sell their stock based on sexuality.

Refusing to stock a particular individual's music due to their political beliefs and refusing to sell cake to someone because they're gay are not the same thing, it isn't a valid comparison. You can choose your political beliefs, you can't choose your sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I said that its wrong to refuse to sell something to someone based on their sexuality, not that they can't choose to sell certain things. They can sell whatever they want, but its wrong to refuse to sell their stock based on sexuality.

Refusing to stock a particular individual's music due to their political beliefs and refusing to sell cake to someone because they're gay are not the same thing, it isn't a valid comparison. You can choose your political beliefs, you can't choose your sexuality.
    Well said. Even Croesy Blue couldn't have topped it for political correctness.

Homosexuals are born with an extra chromosome, pink in colour, and simply cannot resist indulging in a spot of arse banditry. It's also very, very wrong to criticise or discriminate against those who practice various religions for they too were born with their faith and, just like homosexuals, have no choice but to follow their natural proclivities. I daresay shoplifting sprogs are regularly dropped along with home burgling ones because there's an awful lot of them around nowadays. Which begs the question: is it fair to criminalise their actions? Punishing them with fines or imprisonment for failing to suppress their innate predisposition seems awfully unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Another looney lefty shop who dares to have differing views to themselves.
    Life is about differing views and agendas that's what makes human life tick. It doesn't make it right or wrong.
    I bet they would throw milkshakes around as well
    What other looney lefty shops are there? Name a few

they.re all at it now . in Liverpool

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...sters-16321633

democracy is dead

His music is absolute shit anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

democracy is dead
    Democracy would be dead if the people that Morrissey supports, had their way.

Can't say I've ever shopped in that shithole, and doubt I ever will.

They've done this for the publicity and they know it. The album will still sell in its droves

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post

They've done this for the publicity and they know it. The album will still sell in its droves
    Wedding Bell Blues cover is brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Wedding Bell Blues cover is brilliant
    As far as cover albums goes it's pretty unique. The Guardian gave it 1 star out of 5. How is that fair on the people who buy the Guardian and expect imartial reviews? It's not a 5 star album but certainly not 1 star.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    So the Christian bakers should have been allowed to say no to being forced to sell gay iconography on their cakes, because the gay customers deliberately targeted their shop.
    There was no "gay iconography". It was just a cake for a gay couple. Also, being gay is not a political standpoint. Assuming you're not gay, did you choose to be heterosexual?

As far as cover albums goes it's pretty unique. The Guardian gave it 1 star out of 5. How is that fair on the people who buy the Guardian and expect imartial reviews? It's not a 5 star album but certainly not 1 star.
    Got decent coverage on BBC radio 2.
    Made it their album of the week this week in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Democracy would be dead if the people that Morrissey supports, had their way.
    Yep, to have a tolerant society, you must be intolerant to intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There was no "gay iconography". It was just a cake for a gay couple. Also, being gay is not a political standpoint. Assuming you're not gay, did you choose to be heterosexual?
    After a few goes at potting the brown, yes, was the honest reply🤪

He was relevant about 35 years ago
    He's now just a washed up old has been.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    He was relevant about 35 years ago
    He's now just a washed up old has been.
    Not though is he?
    He’s regularly talked about in the media and on here in fact.
    Still has a fanatical fan base as well.

I would imagine there won’t be milk shakes sold at his concerts from now on.

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No, refusing to sell something to someone based on who they happen to love is infringes on their rights and discriminates sue to something they can't control

This is a slightly different case seeing as you can't choose to be gay or straight, whereas Morrissey can choose to support far-right candidates
    A lot of people may disagree with that statement. some see young gays now as just "doing the Gay thing" because it's fashionable

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    After a few goes at potting the brown, yes, was the honest reply��
    Hetrosexuality is the normal order of things.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

democracy is dead
    Hi mate

Privately owned record shops don't dictate who govern the country, there's a totally different system in place for that.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    A lot of people may disagree with that statement. some see young gays now as just "doing the Gay thing" because it's fashionable
    When did you choose your sexuality then?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There was no "gay iconography". It was just a cake for a gay couple.
    Yes there was, they wanted 'support gay marriage" on it which was the whole basis of the objection, not that they would not sell to a gay couple.

Is Spillers still selling Michael Jackson records?

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...-record-store/

the comments page gives me the will to live anyway

Shithole? WTf? How do you know it’s a shithole if you’ve never shopped there? If you did you’ll find you’d get a much better customer experience than any chain shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post

Is Spillers still selling Michael Jackson records?
    I doubt they ever did. It’s not their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Well said. Even Croesy Blue couldn't have topped it for political correctness.

Homosexuals are born with an extra chromosome, pink in colour, and simply cannot resist indulging in a spot of arse banditry. It's also very, very wrong to criticise or discriminate against those who practice various religions for they too were born with their faith and, just like homosexuals, have no choice but to follow their natural proclivities. I daresay shoplifting sprogs are regularly dropped along with home burgling ones because there's an awful lot of them around nowadays. Which begs the question: is it fair to criminalise their actions? Punishing them with fines or imprisonment for failing to suppress their innate predisposition seems awfully unfair.
    I trust this is tongue in cheek, otherwise you're bang out of order.

Some interesting comments on the Breitbart article.

Liberals used to say they'll defend with their lives the freedom for you to say what you will. Now they say they will fight you if you don't shut up when they disagree with you.
    Liberals used to say the likes of Abu Hamza and Anjem Choudary must have the freedom of speech!!!

Also...
    Liberal politics. Today's liberals have become yesterday's fascists.. not exactly progress.

Also...
    When a record shop tells me what I can or cannot buy, because of THEIR politics, it is time for me to find a new record shop.

Also...
    PC gone crazy in Europe. Better wake up before it's too late. Banning free speech is communist and Hitler-esque.
    Once you lose freedom, all else is lost. Pray for them for they know not what they do.

Just a few comments there...

I'd be interested in people's thoughts.