+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: so Spillers bans Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I'm very happy to stand by comment that I think the poster 'Wales-Blaes' is not right in the mind. I'm not mocking his disability, merely pointing out that he may have one.
    That's it move onto the insults, as you are clearly not capable of constructing an arguement that backs up your opinion that opposing views need to be silenced if you don't agree with them. There is a word for people like you

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Isn’t he saying people who follow fascist parties like Britain first and the people who defend them aren’t right in the head.

Must we treat all views equally even when they’re far right views?
    He's saying people have a right to express their opinions as long as they are not breaking the law.

Everybody else is saying that people with opinions different to their own need to be silenced.

Isn’t he saying people who follow fascist parties like Britain first and the people who defend them aren’t right in the head.

Must we treat all views equally even when they’re far right views?
    You obviously haven't grasped the concept of free speech

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And you don't understand that whilst you can have free speech, your speech will still have consequence.

And you don't understand that whilst you can have free speech, your speech will still have consequence.
    Is that your argument for the suppression of free speech? Ok, how would you justify the spying on political opponents?

He's saying people have a right to express their opinions as long as they are not breaking the law.

Everybody else is saying that people with opinions different to their own need to be silenced.
    Who’s saying that Morrissey?!

No ones saying anyone needs to be silenced.

I’m happy for Morrissey to support a facist party, I’m happy for Morrissey to come out with his bigoted views. I’m equally happy for him to be challenged on those views.

That’s how free speech works.

I have these people are allowed to say what they want. That is the concept of free speech.

It doesn’t mean we have to treat all views equally. All views don’t deserve equal platforms or equal debates.

It’s you who don’t understand the concept.

Are you going to come up with an original thought, or are you just going to copy & paste from the internet all night?
    The irony here is off the chart.

I have these people are allowed to say what they want. That is the concept of free speech.

It doesn’t mean we have to treat all views equally. All views don’t deserve equal platforms or equal debates.

It’s you who don’t understand the concept.
    What about this is wrong then?

Just had a quick look at the politics board, crazy how many formally normal posters now post non stop far right conspiracy stuff. Scary how well it’s easily penetrated normal and intelligent people who then just back slap each other for being right and not a sheep while pedalling complete crap.

Same thing happens every time governments have gone to the far right throughout history. This board has basically become unreadable because of it.

Just had a quick look at the politics board, crazy how many formally normal posters now post non stop far right conspiracy stuff. Scary how well it’s easily penetrated normal and intelligent people who then just back slap each other for being right and not a sheep while pedalling complete crap.

Same thing happens every time governments have gone to the far right throughout history. This board has basically become unreadable because of it.
    Wow, you've got your finger on the pulse, everyone has been found out

Wow, you've got your finger on the pulse, everyone has been found out
    You don’t have to have your fingers on the pulse, the list of threads and peoples posts are there for all to see.

It’s depressing how many normal people have been driven to more hateful opinions.

You don’t have to have your fingers on the pulse, the list of threads and peoples posts are there for all to see.

It’s depressing how many normal people have been driven to more hateful opinions.
    I agree, this board has become like AA's place, openly racist 'jokes', Qanon levels of delusion, all the old folks throwing the word 'snowflake' around like it's not the most embarrassing badge of an arsehole ever. At least the posters on **** sort of recognise they're cnuts and don't try to hide it.. a bit more pernicious on here - sad times.

They never seem to justify why they think that it's ok to say horrible things about other people without any basis or evidence when they're challenged,Rather, they concentrate on the 'Free Speech' thing and accuse those who disagree with them as attempting to nullify their freedom of speech, rather than concentrate on what they actually said-Playing the ****ing Martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They never seem to justify why they think that it's ok to say horrible things about other people without any basis or evidence when they're challenged,Rather, they concentrate on the 'Free Speech' thing and accuse those who disagree with them as attempting to nullify their freedom of speech, rather than concentrate on what they actually said-Playing the ****ing Martyr.
    Exactly it’s not free speech they’re interested in it’s freedom of consequence to say hateful shit. You only have to look at the pile ons that happen if you dare call anyone out on it on here, they want a safe space more than anyone.

You only have to look at the pile ons that happen if you dare call anyone out.
    You can't accuse me of being part of any pile ons, as it has always been a case of me standing alone against the rampaging hordes

There were some interesting points made in this thread, and a lot is going to depend on the credibility of the media, and the US think-tanks where all of these ideas originated. I predict the left will soon be facing a big test, and it could lead to some re-evaluation with regards to how the public perceive them.

I agree, this board has become like AA's place, openly racist 'jokes', Qanon levels of delusion, all the old folks throwing the word 'snowflake' around like it's not the most embarrassing badge of an arsehole ever. At least the posters on **** sort of recognise they're cnuts and don't try to hide it.. a bit more pernicious on here - sad times.
    Yep it’s become a depressing place recently.

Looks like this has turned into a shit show. Good work

That’s why you can debate you you’re deluded and don’t deal in facts. Exactly the same reason everyone’s opinion shouldn’t be treated equally.