+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Return of loanees?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Return of loanees?

When does the transfer window open?

Should Madine, Tomlin and others be sold?

Re: Return of loanees?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

I'm all for second chances, but I don't think either of them actually want to play for Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I'm all for second chances, but I don't think either of them actually want to play for Cardiff.
    Agreed. Both have made it clear they see their futures elsewhere. Which is a shame as I loved watching Tomlin at times for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Agreed. Both have made it clear they see their futures elsewhere. Which is a shame as I loved watching Tomlin at times for us.
    How long are their contracts?

Wouldn't like to see them running down their contracts in the development side.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

The EFL transfer window opened on 6 May for domestic transfers and closes for the Championship on 8 August at 5 pm (same as EPL).

Arun Gunnarsson gone to Qatar

The club have triggered an extra year on the Bruno and Jazz contracts (according to Warnock for Bruno and WOL for both).

Kadeem Harris, Brian Murphy, Loic Damour and Stuart O'Keefe all out of contract this summer.

Loanees still under contract are: Gary Madine, Omar Bogle, Lee Tomlin, and Ciaron Brown from the u23s (plus a couple of Mckays).

I like Kadeem (but he needs to play) and Loic Damour did well in the Championship season before he faded. I expect both to be considered for new contracts if we don't manage to get upgrades in before pre-season. Bogle and Tomlin may have burnt their bridges and Madine clearly wants a move away (but depends on what another club are willing to pay).

The more interesting question will be whether Ciaron Brown, Cameron Coxe, Mark Harris, James Waite or any others from the u23s are brought into the first team squad.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

The club have triggered an extra year on the Bruno and Jazz contracts (according to Warnock for Bruno and WOL for both).

Kadeem Harris, Brian Murphy, Loic Damour and Stuart O'Keefe all out of contract this summer.

Loanees still under contract are: Gary Madine, Omar Bogle, Lee Tomlin, and Ciaron Brown from the u23s (plus a couple of Mckays).

I like Kadeem (but he needs to play) and Loic Damour did well in the Championship season before he faded. I expect both to be considered for new contracts if we don't manage to get upgrades in before pre-season. Bogle and Tomlin may have burnt their bridges and Madine clearly wants a move away (but depends on what another club are willing to pay).

The more interesting question will be whether Ciaron Brown, Cameron Coxe, Mark Harris, James Waite or any others from the u23s are brought into the first team squad.
    That's a fair summary love to see a young lad break through .

Kadem could damage in this league.

Think Damour is a decent Championship player .

I still think Madine has something and hasn't totally burnt his bridges with Warnock in as much Tomlin has (who in my view has robbed the fans, if you consider his wages , against his effort /desire )

I like Kadeem (but he needs to play) and Loic Damour did well in the Championship season before he faded. I expect both to be considered for new contracts if we don't manage to get upgrades in before pre-season
    . Bogle and Tomlin may have burnt their bridges and Madine clearly wants a move away (but depends on what another club are willing to pay).

I can't think why we would struggle to get upgrades on these pair. I'd be very surprised if both aren't moved on.

International

i'd question whether ridding the club of them depends on what people are prepared to pay. If they go the club saves on wages possibly for the whole of their remaining contracts and of course in that event we would not only have shelled out all the wages but in the process reduced their sell-on value to zero.

Awesome update ... thanks.

Kadeem Harris has been with the club for many years. He has had chances and is not up to the mark. I doubt if his contract will be renewed. He is a League 1 player at best.

According to this, Damour has another year left.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/loic-d.../spieler/81190

Didn’t know about the extension for Jazz. After the injuries he’s had I might have let him go ? Not really good news for Coxe.

Can’t see Harris having much involvement now, but hopefully 1 or 2 of the others can be involved

I’d expect all 3 loanees to go, but wouldn’t be averse to any of them coming back and giving it s go if they are prepared to put the hard work in.

We’ve also got to replace Artur and Camerasa- which is a big ask.

Not so bothered about Niasse, if Ken and Ward are now fit then he’d be surplus anyway.
    I’d also probably prefer Bogle over him.

I’d expect us to be bringing another striker in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    According to this, Damour has another year left.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/loic-d.../spieler/81190

Didn’t know about the extension for Jazz. After the injuries he’s had I might have let him go ? Not really good news for Coxe.

Can’t see Harris having much involvement now, but hopefully 1 or 2 of the others can be involved

I’d expect all 3 loanees to go, but wouldn’t be averse to any of them coming back and giving it s go if they are prepared to put the hard work in.

We’ve also got to replace Artur and Camerasa- which is a big ask.

Not so bothered about Niasse, if Ken and Ward are now fit then he’d be surplus anyway.
    I’d also probably prefer Bogle over him.

I’d expect us to be bringing another striker in.
    I got the Jazz Richards and Loic Damour contract situations from Wales Online - so maybe not 100% confident of accuracy.

WOL have done a number of articles this year on contract status, and all have said Loic Damour's is up in June. He wasn't given a new contract last summer with the other 7-8 who were given extensions (including Matt Connolly). You are right about Transfermarkt though - they have him down for another year.

I think it was Paul Abbandonato on Blakey's Bootroom who said the club had options for extending both Bruno and Jazz for another year, and had triggered both. Neil Warnock definitely said that about Bruno in press conferences before the end of the season but I don't remember him being so clear about Jazz.

I got the Jazz Richards and Loic Damour contract situations from Wales Online - so maybe not 100% confident of accuracy.

WOL have done a number of articles this year on contract status, and all have said Loic Damour's is up in June. He wasn't given a new contract last summer with the other 7-8 who were given extensions (including Matt Connolly). You are right about Transfermarkt though - they have him down for another year.

I think it was Paul Abbandonato on Blakey's Bootroom who said the club had options for extending both Bruno and Jazz for another year, and had triggered both. Neil Warnock definitely said that about Bruno in press conferences before the end of the season but I don't remember him being so clear about Jazz.
    Yeah. With the Manga one that’s same as so read.

It’ll most likely become clearer in the next few weeks

If we sign Jamal Lowe and also have Mendez-Laing and Murphy, I cannot see Harris getting a game.

Who’s going to buy these two wasters and Bogle? I think we’d give them all frees if anyone would take on their expensive contracts otherwise we will loan them out paying most of their wages?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Kadeem Harris has been with the club for many years. He has had chances and is not up to the mark. I doubt if his contract will be renewed. He is a League 1 player at best.
    Never let us down when selected or brought on.

Now the season is over shouldn’t Maxine be back with Cardiff?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Who’s going to buy these two wasters and Bogle? I think we’d give them all frees if anyone would take on their expensive contracts otherwise we will loan them out paying most of their wages?
    Was referring to Madine and Tomlin when it was suggested that we sell them?

Sheff Utd will want someone better than Madine - so I can see him coming back to us.

No point in loaning him out to another championship club as that will no doubt come back and bite us on the bum ( could be funny though if we loaned him to the Blades )

He won't drop to League 1 - so I think we will will be stuck with him and him with us - unless someone try to buy him - but again would we really want to see him to one of our competitors?