Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
Based on an election that had a turnout of just 37%, apparently, which was effectively a single issue campaign with both major parties being punished by protest votes or their core support just not bothering to come out and vote.

The Brexit Party doing this well isn't surprising, its basically just a continuation of UKIP and they performed slightly better than they did in the 2014 EU elections. Would the Brexit Party be a big player in a general election? Probably, but to say they'd "romp home" (which I assume means a landslide victory), seems an over exaggeration to me
I think people may be getting carried away. It was a single issue campaign and a general election is more than that. People are voting for an MP to represent them for years and that means Brexit party need to start from scratch. No one who has an MEP seat can stand for Parliament at the same time.

They'd be relying on new candidates or getting existing MPs to leave their parties and join. And that's all assuming that the new PM calls a general election, which quite frankly they'd be mental to do with the high risk of losing.