+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit Party Smashing It!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brexit Party Smashing It!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    How do you know what's true and what's false?
    Use investigative methods to cross reference various sources of information, in order build up a big picture of events. Some people are really good at it, so you don't even have to do anything yourself, except to following their logic which is usually accompanied by source documents. You can easily see for yourself who is right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Use investigative methods to cross reference various sources of information, in order build up a big picture of events. Some people are really good at it, so you don't even have to do anything yourself, except to following their logic which is usually accompanied by source documents. You can easily see for yourself who is right or wrong.
    So, sources.

So, sources.
    Sources that are backed up by original data, and fit into a pattern of collaborating data, not something written by a hack in order to achieve some political agenda or other. If you can't tell the difference, it's best to give up now

When you quote or post Fox news, what investigate methods and sources did you use to find out if they were a right wing propaganda channel?

When you quote or post Fox news, what investigate methods and sources did you use to find out if they were a right wing propaganda channel?
    Open source investigators are way ahead of Fox News, who just package the information into an easily digestable form. I've never posted anything from Fox that I haven't already heard elsewhere, yet some people always insist on shooting the messenger

Open source investigators are way ahead of Fox News, who just package the information into an easily digestable form. I've never posted anything from Fox that I haven't already heard elsewhere, yet some people always insist on shooting the messenger
    Especially if the messenger is the BBC or The Guardian. But seeing as you haven't heard what they report elsewhere from "open source investigators" you don't believe it.

Especially if the messenger is the BBC or The Guardian. But seeing as you haven't heard what they report elsewhere from "open source investigators" you don't believe it.
    I treat each case on its own merits. In the internet age there are many different sources for every event, so you are not stuck for choice.

I treat each case on its own merits. In the internet age there are many different sources for every event, so you are not stuck for choice.
    So, we're agreed one makes a choice, thus making a personal judgement. It's difficult to get away from ingrained, conditioned and often sub-conscious perceptions of the world and how it behaves, even for an open source investigator.

So, we're agreed one makes a choice, thus making a personal judgement. It's difficult to get away from ingrained, conditioned and often sub-conscious perceptions of the world and how it behaves, even for an open source investigator.
    That's why they go to the original source of the information and avoid the filtered version.