+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brexit Party Smashing It!

Re: Brexit Party Smashing It!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    So, we're agreed one makes a choice, thus making a personal judgement. It's difficult to get away from ingrained, conditioned and often sub-conscious perceptions of the world and how it behaves, even for an open source investigator.
    That's why they go to the original source of the information and avoid the filtered version.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That's why they go to the original source of the information and avoid the filtered version.
    Then surely just post the original source. Otherwise you're at the mercy of secondary sources and whatever they highlight and discard and correlate. It might be more convenient to post something from Fox news or some such but you can't criticise others for doing the same with their links.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Then surely just post the original source. Otherwise you're at the mercy of secondary sources and whatever they highlight and discard and correlate. It might be more convenient to post something from Fox news or some such but you can't criticise others for doing the same with their links.
    I have loads of times, but people still counter with the CNN version of events. And most of the Fox News links I posted contained comments from the original source!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I voted Labour (Yorkshire & The Humber) and I am definitely pro-Remain. I know a lot of others the same. I also know a lot of Labour voters (usually) who went Green, and I suspect some of them won't come back to Labour.

Overall this feels like the last warning shot before the electoral map is torn up. The turnout was down - so just over a third of voters bothered (unlike the rest of Europe) and the outcome is massively affected by abstentions and tactical votes. In some ways it was like a free shot. But at the same time Labour and (even more so) the Tories have been hammered - partly because of what they have done or not done in the last 3 years but mainly because they are as split as the electorate as a whole. I don't see this election as a template for a general election, but the 2 party system may not recover.
    In Wales a good number of Labour voted leave .

And its the same in other Labour heartlands, like the Sunderlands of this world , where it differs for labour , is the bigger cities.