+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brexit Party Smashing It!

Re: Brexit Party Smashing It!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes It would. But then, despite originally being a pro remain voter I would now vote for out because the country voted for it and parliament should deliver it.
    👍agree totally Its called democracy, you cannot overturn a vote because you dont agree with it , where does that end ?

PS I too voted remain, I'd now vote to leave, after this shit shower , of kicking the can down the road . Having said that ,one of the can kickers has quit , what's the other delaying tactic chap going to do next ,there's only so many fences you can sit on ,put up or shut I'd say to him ??

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Based on what?
    Based on an election that had a turnout of just 37%, apparently, which was effectively a single issue campaign with both major parties being punished by protest votes or their core support just not bothering to come out and vote.

The Brexit Party doing this well isn't surprising, its basically just a continuation of UKIP and they performed slightly better than they did in the 2014 EU elections. Would the Brexit Party be a big player in a general election? Probably, but to say they'd "romp home" (which I assume means a landslide victory), seems an over exaggeration to me

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Based on an election that had a turnout of just 37%, apparently, which was effectively a single issue campaign with both major parties being punished by protest votes or their core support just not bothering to come out and vote.

The Brexit Party doing this well isn't surprising, its basically just a continuation of UKIP and they performed slightly better than they did in the 2014 EU elections. Would the Brexit Party be a big player in a general election? Probably, but to say they'd "romp home" (which I assume means a landslide victory), seems an over exaggeration to me
    I think people may be getting carried away. It was a single issue campaign and a general election is more than that. People are voting for an MP to represent them for years and that means Brexit party need to start from scratch. No one who has an MEP seat can stand for Parliament at the same time.

They'd be relying on new candidates or getting existing MPs to leave their parties and join. And that's all assuming that the new PM calls a general election, which quite frankly they'd be mental to do with the high risk of losing.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think people may be getting carried away. It was a single issue campaign and a general election is more than that. People are voting for an MP to represent them for years and that means Brexit party need to start from scratch. No one who has an MEP seat can stand for Parliament at the same time.

They'd be relying on new candidates or getting existing MPs to leave their parties and join. And that's all assuming that the new PM calls a general election, which quite frankly they'd be mental to do with the high risk of losing.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    At a UK level Brexit Party has so far 33.2% of the vote.
    Lib Dems and Greens so far have 33.4% of the vote.

In Wales, Brexit Party got 32.5% of the vote.
    Plaid Cymru and Lib Dems got 33.2% of the vote.

Things seem just as split as ever. All we know is that the Tories, the party falling apart realising an effective Brexit is impossible to deliver, and Labour, sitting on the fence, got a kicking.

BBC reporting that pro-Brexit parties got 34.9% of the vote so far.
    Anti-Brexit parties got 40.4% of the vote so far.
    Should you add the low Tory vote into the Brexit % ??

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Agreed
    Yes do agree, and you could see those Brexit voters float back to thier natural political habitat, its bit like bird migration, and our plastic Premiership watchers ,they come and go .

Was Eddie Jones right.Wales is just a principality of England.The Scots and Irish voted against Farage.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Was Eddie Jones right.Wales is just a principality of England.The Scots and Irish voted against Farage.
    We dont have the same grudge against the English or the Britishness, they have a stronger nationalist vigour, which can be quite bigoted when unleashed .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We dont have the same grudge against the English or the Britishness, they have a stronger nationalist vigour, which can be quite bigoted when unleashed .
    The entity of the United Kingdom
    Has done quite well at the expense of the Scots and The Irish throughout the years.
    Their national identity which in your words can be quite bigoted has been as the result of things like the plantation of Ulster, the potato famine, the excessively violent suppression of the Easter Rising leaders in Irelands case.

The Republic of Ireland seems to be doing quite well away from the United Kingdom. Wales could do well to learn from therm.

I’d you’re going to talk about bigotry when unleashed I’d suggest you look at the way some English football fans who have the EDL mentality refer to Celtic nations and you’d see that it’s not a one way thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes It would. But then, despite originally being a pro remain voter I would now vote for out because the country voted for it and parliament should deliver it.
    Do you think that the average voter had any idea about the complexities and ramifications either way? The vast majority of people I hear expounding on the subject have nothing other than slogans to fall back on. I wouldn't even let most of the public interviewed on TV (about Brexit) run my domestic finances!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    The entity of the United Kingdom
    Has done quite well at the expense of the Scots and The Irish throughout the years.
    Their national identity which in your words can be quite bigoted has been as the result of things like the plantation of Ulster, the potato famine, the excessively violent suppression of the Easter Rising leaders in Irelands case.

The Republic of Ireland seems to be doing quite well away from the United Kingdom. Wales could do well to learn from therm.

I’d you’re going to talk about bigotry when unleashed I’d suggest you look at the way some English football fans who have the EDL mentality refer to Celtic nations and you’d see that it’s not a one way thing.
    It still goes on except today except there are diffent targets nowadays, and ironically you tend to support the establishment view of things. It's a real headscratcher isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It still goes on except today except there are diffent targets nowadays, and ironically you tend to support the establishment view of things. It's a real headscratcher isn't it
    Well if we’re into generalising you support unequivocally every daft right wing cause there is out there, producing a Fox News link as truth like you’ve pulled Excalibur from the Stone.

Way to go off tangent by the way but nothing unusual there.

Well if we’re into generalising you support unequivocally every daft right wing cause there is out there, producing a Fox News link as truth like you’ve pulled Excalibur from the Stone.

Way to go off tangent by the way but nothing unusual there.
    Just replying to your off-topic comments

I don't choose sources of information accordng to the political biases of the publisher, I look to see if the information is correct or not. Until you can get your head around this notion, you will continue to be led down the wrong path. Forget left-wing and right-wing, it's all nonsense. Think in terms of true or false, the source has no bearing on this outcome.

I don't choose sources of information accordng to the political biases of the publisher, I look to see if the information is correct or not. Until you can get your head around this notion, you will continue to be led down the wrong path. Forget left-wing and right-wing, it's all nonsense. Think in terms of true or false, the source has no bearing on this outcome.
    How do you know what's true and what's false?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you think that the average voter had any idea about the complexities and ramifications either way? The vast majority of people I hear expounding on the subject have nothing other than slogans to fall back on. I wouldn't even let most of the public interviewed on TV (about Brexit) run my domestic finances!
    It often seems that the politicians are the same though. I don't think many of us, anyone who has a vote, have the most detailed appreciation of what the EU does or how it works and now we're being asked to make a huge decision or "risk betraying democracy" and "see an uprising on our streets".

I wasn’t commenting directly to LOM’s comments about supposedly bigotry you came in with your off tangent comment as usual as you can’t help yourself and yet again you’ve gone off one.

I’d be inclined to maybe give you the benefit of the doubt now and again in regards to your supposed neutrality if you didn’t repeat everything and I mean everything from the alt right start up kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    How do you know what's true and what's false?
    Use investigative methods to cross reference various sources of information, in order build up a big picture of events. Some people are really good at it, so you don't even have to do anything yourself, except to following their logic which is usually accompanied by source documents. You can easily see for yourself who is right or wrong.

I wasn’t commenting directly to LOM’s comments about supposedly bigotry you came in with your off tangent comment as usual as you can’t help yourself and yet again you’ve gone off one.

I’d be inclined to maybe give you the benefit of the doubt now and again in regards to your supposed neutrality if you didn’t repeat everything and I mean everything from the alt right start up kit.
    You have to follow the story wherever it leads, therefore you have to be open-minded. You can't discount any source of information on the grounds of political ideology, as you will just end up with the same repeating opinion. That's why I said forget about the left v right paradigm, treat every event as a unique issue.

Use investigative methods to cross reference various sources of information, in order build up a big picture of events. Some people are really good at it, so you don't even have to do anything yourself, except to following their logic which is usually accompanied by source documents. You can easily see for yourself who is right or wrong.
    So, sources.

When you quote or post Fox news, what investigate methods and sources did you use to find out if they were a right wing propaganda channel?

So, sources.
    Sources that are backed up by original data, and fit into a pattern of collaborating data, not something written by a hack in order to achieve some political agenda or other. If you can't tell the difference, it's best to give up now

When you quote or post Fox news, what investigate methods and sources did you use to find out if they were a right wing propaganda channel?
    Open source investigators are way ahead of Fox News, who just package the information into an easily digestable form. I've never posted anything from Fox that I haven't already heard elsewhere, yet some people always insist on shooting the messenger

Open source investigators are way ahead of Fox News, who just package the information into an easily digestable form. I've never posted anything from Fox that I haven't already heard elsewhere, yet some people always insist on shooting the messenger
    Especially if the messenger is the BBC or The Guardian. But seeing as you haven't heard what they report elsewhere from "open source investigators" you don't believe it.

Especially if the messenger is the BBC or The Guardian. But seeing as you haven't heard what they report elsewhere from "open source investigators" you don't believe it.
    I treat each case on its own merits. In the internet age there are many different sources for every event, so you are not stuck for choice.

I treat each case on its own merits. In the internet age there are many different sources for every event, so you are not stuck for choice.
    So, we're agreed one makes a choice, thus making a personal judgement. It's difficult to get away from ingrained, conditioned and often sub-conscious perceptions of the world and how it behaves, even for an open source investigator.