+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Morrissey's New Album

Re: Morrissey's New Album

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    if we're talking the smiths let's go the whole hog and let's not forget the rhythm section either .Andy Rourke the best bass player the UK has produced since the 80;s !.
    His riff in Still Ill is to die for.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    If you think Marr was going to make it no matter what, why wouldn't you think Morrissey wouldn't?

The Smiths would be nothing without Moz's lyrics, and they'd be nothing without Marr's guitar. There's no question who's had a better career, though! I love Johnny Marr though, he is far less controversial without a doubt, but if you read his book he literally says the way Morrissey handled the press in early outset is one of the fundamental reasons they were so different to everyone else on the scene.
    Because Morrissey was in his bedroom writing about the New York Dolls until Johnny Marr literally knocked on the door.

Marr decided to stop it yeah. I think Strangeways was them finding their groove to the extent they all outlived the band. Rourke obviously had his issues whilst Joyce pretended to contribute in the background. Listen to A Rush and a Push and you could see they were starting to go in a completely new direction. They came close to reforming in roughly 2008ish when Marr and Moz met in a pub for a catch up after about 10 years. Marr was up for it but Moz never got back to him (according to Marr).
    Mike Joyce had the same problem Andy Rourke did. Probably worse.

Marr decided to stop it yeah. I think Strangeways was them finding their groove to the extent they all outlived the band. Rourke obviously had his issues whilst Joyce pretended to contribute in the background. Listen to A Rush and a Push and you could see they were starting to go in a completely new direction. They came close to reforming in roughly 2008ish when Marr and Moz met in a pub for a catch up after about 10 years. Marr was up for it but Moz never got back to him (according to Marr).
    And I've read his book.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Because Morrissey was in his bedroom writing about the New York Dolls until Johnny Marr literally knocked on the door.
    Fair sure Morrissey was quite well known in the music circles of Manchester both for his writing & for shortly being in the Nosebleeds. He wasn't a unknown. He's one of those people who was too talented to not make it, same as Marr. They're both great.

Mike Joyce had the same problem Andy Rourke did. Probably worse.
    Good.

Good.
    If there ever was a Smiths reunion I'm pretty sure that Mike Joyce wouldn't be involved.

if we're talking the smiths let's go the whole hog and let's not forget the rhythm section either .Andy Rourke the best bass player the UK has produced since the 80;s !.
    No Peter Hook or Simon Gallup?

I think young Baker should start investigating Joy Division, the Cure and New Order. What joys lay ahead for those who have yet discover the past

Manny might have something to say about that. And a few others. Andy Rourke is a very competent and tasteful bass player though.

If there ever was a Smiths reunion I'm pretty sure that Mike Joyce wouldn't be involved.
    Yeah, that's what I mean by good. You've read the books and you know how much they resent the idea all down to the band's name being dragged through a court case

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    No Peter Hook or Simon Gallup?

I think young Baker should start investigating Joy Division, the Cure and New Order. What joys lay ahead for those who have yet discover the past
    Oh look, another tool who thinks he knows music more because he's older.

Yeah, that's what I mean by good. You've read the books and you know how much they resent the idea all down to the band's name being dragged through a court case
    A lot of water under the bridge since then.
    Joyce and Mozza are obviously not the closest of mates but there’s a recent interview with Joyce where he’s sticking up for Morrissey.

Oh look, another tool who thinks he knows music more because he's older.
    I know about music cos I've spent a lifetime doing it you twonk, and I can actually play real instruments From that era Joy Division, Cure, New Order, Smiths & Pixies were all great and still have an influence on today's bands. On a sidenote, I have listened to music going back to the 1920s, and also across multiple genres from classical to jazz, so it's got bugger all to do with age!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    A lot of water under the bridge since then.
    Joyce and Mozza are obviously not the closest of mates but there’s a recent interview with Joyce where he’s sticking up for Morrissey.
    Fairly sure that was Rourke that was standing up for Moz? Unless something miraculous has happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I know about music cos I've spent a lifetime doing it you twonk, and I can actually play real instruments From that era Joy Division, Cure, New Order, Smiths & Pixies were all great and still have an influence on today's bands. On a sidenote, I have listened to music going back to the 1920s, and also across multiple genres from classical to jazz, so it's got bugger all to do with age!

"I play real instruments"

Couldn't write it. Thanks for the morning entertainment.

Fairly sure that was Rourke that was standing up for Moz? Unless something miraculous has happened!
    https://youtu.be/iTciZ4wFOao

Awful interviewer who’s trying to get something out of Joyce.
    Think Joyce handles it really well.

"I play real instruments"

Couldn't write it. Thanks for the morning entertainment.
    I've got the full monty, Gibson, Fender, Roland, Korg, etc., pop around for a fiddle. If you're any good I've got enough gear to get you to Glastonbury, and easily enough to record an original album. Can you sing or do you just talk drivel?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    https://youtu.be/iTciZ4wFOao

Awful interviewer who’s trying to get something out of Joyce.
    Think Joyce handles it really well.
    Wow! Thanks for this.

Mike Joyce: I've never seen him say anything remotely racist, ever. His parents are immigrants themselves

BOOM.

End of discussion. Literally from someone Moz hates.

Wow! Thanks for this.

Mike Joyce: I've never seen him say anything remotely racist, ever. His parents are immigrants themselves

BOOM.

But he hasn't spoken to him in over 30 years.

Wow! Thanks for this.

BOOM.

"you can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies"

Boom, end of discussion, literally from Morrissey's mouth

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    "you can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies"

Boom, end of discussion, literally from Morrissey's mouth
    "If anyone has seen the horrific and unwatchable footage of the Chinese cat and dog trade – animals skinned alive – then they could not possibly argue in favour of China as a caring nation. There are no animal protection laws in China and this results in the worst animal abuse and cruelty on the planet. It is indefensible."

""Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies.""

He's extremely passionate about animal welfare, the way China treats animals is absolute horrific. I doubt he hates Chinese people, he was just speaking passionately about the subject - and to be honest the way they treat animals is absolutely un-human. How anyone can defend it is beyond me!

"If anyone has seen the horrific and unwatchable footage of the Chinese cat and dog trade – animals skinned alive – then they could not possibly argue in favour of China as a caring nation. There are no animal protection laws in China and this results in the worst animal abuse and cruelty on the planet. It is indefensible."

""Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies.""

He's extremely passionate about animal welfare, the way China treats animals is absolute horrific. I doubt he hates Chinese people, he was just speaking passionately about the subject - and to be honest the way they treat animals is absolutely un-human. How anyone can defend it is beyond me!
    Someone who isn't racist wouldn't say something like "the Chinese are a subspecies" in any context

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Someone who isn't racist wouldn't say something like "the Chinese are a subspecies" in any context
    That is your observation, but I bet you don't have any conclusive evidence?

There's 1.3billion of them, what a stupid racist thing to imply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's 1.3billion of them.
    Does that include the ones who have been sent to re-education camps?