Re: Morrissey's New Album

If you play this backwards it’s Morrissey covering the Horst Wessel song

Im a Morrissey fan but agree its a bit hit and miss

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's not for me..
    Hated him in the Smiths. Miserable whining horrid voice.

who gives a flying feck about this 60 year old tossers album.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    He does I guess that's why he creates the shock jock headlines, he's like most rock/pop stars it's all about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He does I guess that's why he creates the shock jock headlines, he's like most rock/pop stars it's all about the money.
    So the owner of the oldest record store in the world is in on it? Interesting

So the owner of the oldest record store in the world is in on it? Interesting
    Probably all raging capitalist, everyone forgot where Spillers until this incident .

Bet they still ""Schools Out "" by Alice Cooper , which is a dreadful message for young people .

And ""To Drunk To ****"" by the Dead Kennedys, not a great advert for young married couples.

I'm sure somebody does

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Probably all raging capitalist, everyone forgot where Spillers until this incident .

Bet they still ""Schools Out "" by Alice Cooper , which is a dreadful message for young people .

And ""To Drunk To ****"" by the Dead Kennedys, not a great advert for young married couples.
    I wonder if they sell "The Sound Of Music" or "Oliver" soundtracks. Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I wonder if they sell "The Sound Of Music" or "Oliver" soundtracks. Probably not.
    I'd rather the " sound of silence" than lard like Morrissey latest stuff .

I have to confess to listening to Alsation Cousin, dog of a track .

God I'm miserable now.

who in the holly feck gives a shite about this mans album. i'm old enough to remember the release of "never mind the bollox", but cant think why anyone would care about this flowery shite

Good album. Great covers. Very different to his other work, people let their own political views cloud their judgement. After all these years he's still getting spoken about as much as he was in the 80's, and selling albums just as much. Great achievement and one of the best musicians (& especially lyricists) to come from this island.

Wedding Bell Blues is an absolute tune on California Son

I'm sure somebody does
    And I think I've found him

well it gets a 10 out of 10 from me

And I think I've found him
    So what? If you don't like him or his music that's your prerogative. You started this thread to have another argument like the previous thread until it gets locked. Give it a rest maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    So what? If you don't like him or his music that's your prerogative. You started this thread to have another argument like the previous thread until it gets locked. Give it a rest maybe.
    Morrissey is one of my favourite musical artists, but this particar album is not for me. I find the arrangements, and the choice of instruments a bit too drab for my tastes.

My comment was aimed more towards ToTaL ITK who was almost certain that nobody would give a flying feck about this 60 year old tossers album

Morrissey is one of my favourite musical artists, but this particar album is not for me. I find the arrangements, and the choice of instruments a bit too drab for my tastes.

My comment was aimed more towards ToTaL ITK who was almost certain that nobody would give a flying feck about this 60 year old tossers album
    Ok, my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    After all these years he's still getting spoken about as much as he was in the 80's, and selling albums just as much.
    Bollocks.

The only reason he’s in the mainstream media so much at the moment is he wore the badge of a facist party on US tv.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bollocks.
    6 UK top 5 albums in the last 15 years would suggest otherwise and that doesn’t include the release of this album yet.
    https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/13740/morrissey/

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    6 UK top 5 albums in the last 15 years would suggest otherwise and that doesn’t include the release of this album yet.
    Baker's claim was that Morrissey is selling as many albums now as he was in the Eighties. That's bollocks. In the Eighties, all eight Smiths albums were Gold certified in the UK, as was his only solo album during that decade. The old man hasn't had a Gold-selling album in the UK since since 2006, 13 years ago. His sales in the US tell a similar story. Indeed, he hasn't had a Gold-seller there since 1988. He had four US Gold-sellers in the Eighties (three with the Smiths, one solo).

As regards chart positions, I'm sure you're aware that albums don't have to sell a fraction of what they did in the Eighties to gain a decent chart rating.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Baker's claim was that Morrissey is selling as many albums now as he was in the Eighties. That's bollocks. In the Eighties, all eight Smiths albums were Gold certified in the UK, as was his only solo album during that decade. The old man hasn't had a Gold-selling album in the UK since since 2006, 13 years ago. His sales in the US tell a similar story. Indeed, he hasn't had a Gold-seller there since 1988. He had four US Gold-sellers in the Eighties (three with the Smiths, one solo).

As regards chart positions, I'm sure you're aware that albums don't have to sell a fraction of what they did in the Eighties to gain a decent chart rating.
    He's also getting millions of views on youtube, spotify etc.

It's not all about album sales in this day and age