+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Morrissey's New Album

Re: Morrissey's New Album

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    He's also getting millions of views on youtube, spotify etc.

It's not all about album sales in this day and age
    Perhaps he is.

You're still talking bollocks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Perhaps he is.

You're still talking bollocks, though.
    I think you're just bitter because you're wrong TLG. We all know how much you hate that!

I think you're just bitter because you're wrong TLG. We all know how much you hate that!
    I'm not wrong.

You were wrong when you claimed Morrissey is selling as many albums now as he was in the Eighties. Hopelessly wrong, as the facts clearly demonstrate.

I love the fact that you feel able to talk about the Eighties with such confidence. That's greatly amusing to me under the circumstances.

I'm not wrong.

You were wrong when you claimed Morrissey is selling as many albums now as he was in the Eighties. Hopelessly wrong, as the facts clearly demonstrate.

I love the fact that you feel able to talk about the Eighties with such confidence. That's greatly amusing to me under the circumstances.
    I think I've read enough books, watched enough documentaries to understand how big he and the smiths were during the times I was unfortunate enough to miss out on.

Your logic means that historians shouldn't exist? Only people who lived in the times of world war 1 can talk about world war 1?

You're correct in pointing out I was wrong about album sales, but as I pointed out an artist's popularity is much more based on downloads and hits these days.

You started this thread to have another argument like the previous thread until it gets locked. Give it a rest maybe.
    Talking about the starting of arguments

if paul gadd released a duet with michael jackson produced by jimmy saville and financed by the tories , you lot would be creaming yourselves :P

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    if paul gadd released a duet with michael jackson produced by jimmy saville and financed by the tories , you lot would be creaming yourselves :P
    Can you check your CD and tell us what the track listing is?

its on vinyl ...ffs cd !!!!!
    i had to edit for an extra lol for CD ...who uses them now?
    maybe you still have an mp3 player ?

I think I've read enough books, watched enough documentaries to understand......

Listen to yourself.

Morrissey as a solo artist has sold over 15 million albums world wide

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Morrissey as a solo artist has sold over 15 million albums world wide
    Is this supposed to have some significance?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The only reason he’s in the mainstream media so much at the moment is he wore the badge of a facist party on US tv.
    I wonder if John Cleese is going to get the same treatment this week ? will they be banning the monty python films , ban the reruns of faulty towers programmes on the tv .

I wonder if John Cleese is going to get the same treatment this week ? will they be banning the monty python films , ban the reruns of faulty towers programmes on the tv .
    I somehow doubt it considering Cleese hasn't been supporting any racists or fascists lately, unlike your idol.

Aye those Liberal Democrat stormtroopers seem as though they’re planning blitzkrieg!!!!!

I somehow doubt it considering Cleese hasn't been supporting any racists or fascists lately, unlike your idol.
    He really needs to shut his mouth, doesn't he? He hasn't even addressed why he was wearing the badge and his reply is almost teenage like, acting like he's some kind of victim 'You can't say nothing these days' he's so deluded it's painful. Thing is, because it's him there are people who think he has some kind of sixth sense, when the reality is that he's a boring old fart who has made a career out of distancing himself from reality. Some of his songs are very good, but he really shows how basic and selfish he really is when he does interviews

Listen to yourself.
    The Lone Gunman. Uses the hehe emoji when he knows he has no other argument.

You don't have to be a patronising arsewhipe your whole life mate, however long you have left of it.

Enjoy your day

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He really needs to shut his mouth, doesn't he? He hasn't even addressed why he was wearing the badge and his reply is almost teenage like, acting like he's some kind of victim 'You can't say nothing these days' he's so deluded it's painful. Thing is, because it's him there are people who think he has some kind of sixth sense, when the reality is that he's a boring old fart who has made a career out of distancing himself from reality. Some of his songs are very good, but he really shows how basic and selfish he really is when he does interviews
    He actually has. He's very supportive of For Britain's live animal transport policy, and that's it. Being the raging vegan that he is.

The Lone Gunman. Uses the hehe emoji when he knows he has no other argument.

You don't have to be a patronising arsewhipe your whole life mate, however long you have left of it.
    Listen to yourself. What a bellend. Mate.

He actually has. He's very supportive of For Britain's live animal transport policy, and that's it. Being the raging vegan that he is.
    Why doesn’t he just support the greens rather than a party that is admittedly facist though?

That’s just a rubbish excuse because he’s talented.

I love his music btw.

I doubt it, there’s a difference between saying something a lot of people think is wrong with wearing the badge of a racist party.

Listen to yourself. What a bellend. Mate.
    Is "Listen to yourself" your go-to quip you sad, lonely old man? What a life.

Why doesn’t he just support the greens rather than a party that is admittedly facist though?

That’s just a rubbish excuse because he’s talented.

I love his music btw.
    He's openly said he doesn't support any political party, and has never voted. I don't really know why he'd wear the badge, maybe he isn't aware of the leader's previous racist slurs, and sees it as just showing support for their animal policies. I honestly think he's just very naive when it comes to politics, which the Guardian have also stated. I do wish he'd explain why he wore the badge though because it was a stupid move.

He's openly said he doesn't support any political party, and has never voted. I don't really know why he'd wear the badge, maybe he isn't aware of the leader's previous racist slurs, and sees it as just showing support for their animal policies. I honestly think he's just very naive when it comes to politics, which the Guardian have also stated. I do wish he'd explain why he wore the badge though because it was a stupid move.
    I think this is a good article about him, he's always had some anti immigration views:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...w-jimmy-fallon

Just because you think he's a genius musically doesn't mean you have to defend him, I don't think there's anything wrong with separating the art from the artist in situations like this, even if some people have different cut offs.

Johnny Marr is at least still a great guy so it all balances out really.

I think this is a good article about him, he's always had some anti immigration views:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...w-jimmy-fallon

Just because you think he's a genius musically doesn't mean you have to defend him, I don't think there's anything wrong with separating the art from the artist in situations like this, even if some people have different cut offs.

Johnny Marr is at least still a great guy so it all balances out really.
    That's the same newspaper that openly has a feud with Morrissey croesy. They gave his album 1* and no matter what you think of him he's physically incapable of coming up with a 1* album. The independent too. He's just not liked in Britain!

But yeah, Marr is a saint.

In fairness the 1 star review was given by a completely different person, the guy who wrote that article is still a big Morrissey fan.

What in there would you say isn't fair?