+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh independence

Welsh independence

I’d love to see a debate about this. The SNP seem to be doing a good job in Scotland, counties Like the Republic of Ireland have made a success of being independent and Slovenia only had two million people yet is independent.

I’m not fully convinced but have started considering it. Why would it be be so bad if you believe that?

Re: Welsh independence

I saw a headline from, I think, Walesonline where writer described themselves as "Indy curious" and think that's a good description; the challenges we can all think about aren't necessarily brand new and haven't been answered by labour or "one nation" tories because, well frankly the needed votes are in England. It should always be about being pro-Wales rather than anything else but we can maybe question why we don't get a tidal lagoon, something that it had worked could have lead to further projects meaning long-term and well paying jobs, and instead get nuclear mud. The first big challenge for me is moving throughout the country has to be easier and moving from north to south shouldn't mean needing to go through England, but we can also think of smaller challenges to get things moving too, for example, why do so many people think it's ok to throw litter on the floor and turn parts of our living areas into rubbish dumps?

Re: Welsh independence

Could we create a sustainable self financing economy .?

Would we become a bigger bloated public service employer , with a greater burden to the Welsh taxpayer.

Would the tax take , cause migration away from Wales.

Can we run efficent viable health education and transport infrastructure, do we now,as a lot of them are devolved already ?

Are there enough political forward thinking skills in place to make it work .?

What commodities could we sell to promote trade deals?

We could slash business rates and provide tax havens for business bases , like Ireland,Singapore but that's not a popular socially expected policy.