+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signing Niasse?

Signing Niasse?

Not sure about the reliability of this rumour, but please, please, please dont let it be true:

https://sportslens.com/cardiff-have-...n-june/265838/

Having read it again it doesnt really say much. But lets forget this guy.

How reliable is Crippy Cooke?

Re: Signing Niasse?

I’d take him here to be honest. Had enough about him to be an asset at this level.

Provided we can halve his wages that is

Play him in defence, never going to trouble a goalkeeper, even ours.

Better than the Newport forward suggestion.

Theres no way we are signing him thougn and thank feck.

Rubbish loan signing.

Oh my god no....I can see him and madine up front in my worst nightmares....no goals at Christmas

If Niasse is the answer a player who can't score must be the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Better than the Newport forward suggestion.

Theres no way we are signing him thougn and thank feck.

Rubbish loan signing.
    Bit harsh this. He can't score to save his life and I definitely don't want him permanently but he had an impact, especially when he arrived

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Bit harsh this. He can't score to save his life and I definitely don't want him permanently but he had an impact, especially when he arrived
    Sorry my opinion is he was a disaster of a loan signing.

He had brief moments in games where if he was a young 18 year old on low wages youd say he may be one for the future.

The reality is Everton fans said he was crap but would score some goals. Sadly he was crap and scored no goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Sorry my opinion is he was a disaster of a loan signing.

He had brief moments in games where if he was a young 18 year old on low wages youd say he may be one for the future.

The reality is Everton fans said he was crap but would score some goals. Sadly he was crap and scored no goals.
    This^^^

He looked like a player who had taken the game up late in life perhaps and hadn't received much coaching. When he has the ball at his feet he is cocooned in his own little environment, absolutely no awareness of teammates, however, the moment he does try to look up he becomes unbalanced and either loses the ball or falls over!

A disaster of a loan signing. Would be gutted if he joined

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Agreed. He played better on his own up front than anyone else we tried in that position, although his performances did drop off significantly in April. The lack of goals was frustrating, but it's not he was our only striker who struggled to score.

Remember when he ————————- ??

Or the time he ————————— ??

And what about when he ——————— ??

Nuff said (or not in his case) I think

Absolutely dreadful player

Can think of a shot on target v West Ham (from 3 yards) and Liverpool (from 4 yards) and no others, in 4 months

Such a weird player, his movement, pace and strength were great and he definitely caused a lot of defences problems and opened up space for other players. But his touch was terrible and he honeslty looked like he would never score a goal.

At the time he came in Patts was injured and Zohore was...well...Zohore. We had a decent run when he first came in and I though his presence and workrate upfront contributed. He did tail off though

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Such a weird player, his movement, pace and strength were great and he definitely caused a lot of defences problems and opened up space for other players. But his touch was terrible and he honeslty looked like he would never score a goal.
    Yes, the only thing missing was football ability..

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Yes, the only thing missing was football ability..

Lovely lad.

Quick, hard working, pulls defenders about, but hopeless in front of goal (although his past record was better).

Not what we need.

His agent will be working on an escape route from Everton that gives him a reasonable length of contract and protects his wages. That rules out Cardiff even if we were interested. He'll probably end up with a club in the gulf or Far East - maybe a team-mate of Gunner?

I seem to think he was quite a good player with Hull in the Championship.

He was out of depth in the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I seem to think he was quite a good player with Hull in the Championship.

He was out of depth in the Premiership.
    Hull were in the Premier League when they loaned him.

He wasn't that bad.

Goalscoring was a problem throughout the team before he arrived. He was never going to score many considering in most matches we were on the backfoot. He needed to create and score the goals himself, which early on he made a decent enough effort to do.

Decent strength, pace, hold up play. He looked alright when he first came. Not a consistent finisher and he missed a couple of sitters. Also think his form tailed off last month or so.

He was never supposed to be the main guy upfront, that's what sala was bought for. He was brought in as back up.

I actually think in the championship he would be a good player. Possibly just me

He didn't score at all. No goals. Ball control was atrocious. Must be laughing at his take-home salary.

Nice smile though

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He didn't score at all. No goals. Ball control was atrocious. Must be laughing at his take-home salary.
    He did have opportunities as well. I remember at least two sitters against West Ham.
    Whilst we don’t create enough for a striker per se, he had enough opportunities to stick one in the onion bag I think.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    He did have opportunities as well. I remember at least two sitters against West Ham.
    Whilst we don’t create enough for a striker per se, he had enough opportunities to stick one in the onion bag I think.
    Weren't we three points off survival? Had he scored a few times we could have stayed up. I sometimes think that I am a dying breed in expecting forwards to score goals....