+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales squad

Re: Wales squad

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Iwan Roberts said on the Elis James podcast that Regan Poole is about to be released by Man Utd. Had a good loan spell at Newport, apparently. Could be a good addition.
    He’s not good enough for Championship level. It’s likely he will go back to Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Fair enough. He was our best player against Slovakia. We could start him ahead of Wilson with Brooks on the other wing and Bale up top.
    Our central midfield will lack creativity so we need our wide players to produce.
    Most of our players prefer the right hand side, whereas James is more at home on the left.

I'd pick Lawrence to play alongside Mepham in preference to Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    He’s not good enough for Championship level. It’s likely he will go back to Newport.
    Upon what grounds do you base this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Upon what grounds do you base this statement?
    Having watched him a number of times this season, as well as Wales U21s.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I'd pick Lawrence to play alongside Mepham in preference to Williams.
    I can’t see Williams starting both matches as they are so close together.

Ben Davies has joined the Wales squad for the upcoming matches with Croatia and Hungary after his planned operation has been cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ben Davies has joined the Wales squad for the upcoming matches with Croatia and Hungary after his planned operation has been cancelled.
    Superb news for Wales, Taylor has had a good season in fairness but Ben at left back is a massive boost. I'd be very shocked if they team isn't the same XI that started against Slovakia.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Ben Davies scheduled for an op straight after Champions League Final.
    Op has been postponed, Ben Davies met up with the Welsh team this morning. Good news.

Didn't read all the posts. Rookie mistake

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This is huge for us to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    This is huge for us to be honest.
    A massive boost to be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Superb news for Wales, Taylor has had a good season in fairness but Ben at left back is a massive boost. I'd be very shocked if they team isn't the same XI that started against Slovakia.
    Ampadu may sneak back in depending on his fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A massive boost to be honest!
    tbh

Has anyone seen this potential Croatia line-up for Saturday? https://twitter.com/behindthegoal16/...11714320003074

Only four players have fewer than forty caps. Shows the experience Croatia have, as well as how many good players too, so really good news we have one of our bigger names back in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Has anyone seen this potential Croatia line-up for Saturday? https://twitter.com/behindthegoal16/...11714320003074

Only four players have fewer than forty caps. Shows the experience Croatia have, as well as how many good players too, so really good news we have one of our bigger names back in the squad.
    Yeah I put that up a couple of days ago.

The mad thing is that they are missing huge players in there as well - Rakitic, Rebic, Strinic, Vrsaljko, Pjaca.

We are pretty much at full strength now with Davies back. It is only Ramsey you could say who was missing, Dummett as a squad player.

Davies being available has made me a lot more confident we can get something from this game, Taylor is a liability

I think we should set up in a more defensive shape and maybe go for it a bit more if we're still in it later in the game

--------------Hennessey

Davies Lawrence Mepham Roberts

-----------Vaulks/Ampadu

----------Allen---------Smith

James----------------------Brooks

-----------------Bale

Ben Davies will play against Croatia but not Hungary.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48509181

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Just get Brooks running at Barisic. He'll obviously have a stormer now but he's going to get bombed out of Rangers for being terrible. That midfield trio is a bit good though .

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Just get Brooks running at Barisic. He'll obviously have a stormer now but he's going to get bombed out of Rangers for being terrible. That midfield trio is a bit good though .
    Nah, Vaulksy will clatter Modric in the first 5 minutes and we'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nah, Vaulksy will clatter Modric in the first 5 minutes and we'll be fine
    Fight fire with fire. DJ and Brooks wide, and just run them all game.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Davies being available has made me a lot more confident we can get something from this game, Taylor is a liability

I think we should set up in a more defensive shape and maybe go for it a bit more if we're still in it later in the game

--------------Hennessey

Davies Lawrence Mepham Roberts

-----------Vaulks/Ampadu

----------Allen---------Smith

James----------------------Brooks

-----------------Bale
    You won’t be far away with this selection. I’d forgotten how well Lawrence had played against Slovakia in March. I think the back five will be as you suggest. There will be a question mark over Ampadu starting as he has barely played any football this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You won’t be far away with this selection. I’d forgotten how well Lawrence had played against Slovakia in March. I think the back five will be as you suggest. There will be a question mark over Ampadu starting as he has barely played any football this year.
    That won't bother Ampadu if he is picked