+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Looking forward to the Championship/Would rather be in the Premier League?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looking forward to the Championship

15 48.39%
  • Would rather be in the Premier League

16 51.61%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking forward to the Championship/Would rather be in the Premier League?

Looking forward to the Championship/Would rather be in the Premier League?

Simple poll

Re: Looking forward to the Championship/Would rather be in the Premier League?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Simple poll
    The two options aren't exclusive.

No contest, the Capital of Wales with our fan base should be in the Premier League!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The two options aren't exclusive.
    I agree, but I'm after people making a choice

LFW

Premier league all day. You want your team to be playing at the highest level.

Both ?

Yo, Yoing, so we stand a chance of winning some games every other season

If you're a fan you should want your team to be playing at the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If you're a fan you should want your team to be playing at the highest level.
    Exactly !!!

I’m also a realist, who believes the level of our team, financial backing and LOYAL FAN BASE, is Championship level at this moment in time.

You can’t honestly tell me, that you like seeing us concede 4,5,6 goals every other week.

PS:——- been going since 1959

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Exactly !!!

I’m also a realist, who believes the level of our team, financial backing and LOYAL FAN BASE, is Championship level at this moment in time.

You can’t honestly tell me, that you like seeing us concede 4,5,6 goals every other week.

PS:——- been going since 1959
    We only conceded more than three goals five times this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We only conceded more than three goals five times this past season.
    Whoopie

Well I’ll go to the foot of our stairs !!!!!!!

So that’s acceptable to you is it ?????

Whoopie

Well I’ll go to the foot of our stairs !!!!!!!

So that’s acceptable to you is it ?????
    No, but seeing as it happens to nearly every team in the pyramid from time to time, that's hardly the measurement for whether or not we belong in a league.

No, but seeing as it happens to nearly every team in the pyramid from time to time, that's hardly the measurement for whether or not we belong in a league.
    Pardon me, where did I say we didn’t belong?????

What I said was “our level as a club as a whole, at the moment is the Championship”

No where did I say “We didn’t belong”

Pardon me, where did I say we didn’t belong?????

What I said was “our level as a club as a whole, at the moment is the Championship”

No where did I say “We didn’t belong”
    You also said we concede that amount of goals every other week, which we clearly didn't.

You also said we concede that amount of goals every other week, which we clearly didn't.
    You say potato, I’ll say patato

As I said “WHOOPIE” only 5 stuffings then

Poll doesn’t work on phones for some reason. Never has

I’d prefer to be struggling in the Prem than winning in the Championship . As a foreign-based City fan it’s a very different experience being in the PL and Championship.

For those that say we aren’t ready, I’d say that 1) The board admitted to being slow with their prep for the PL....pull finger out and we start the season with a striker and a right back. 2) The Sala thing 3) We finished a few points off safety.

Having the correct infrastructure doesn’t cost billions and doesn’t take years to achieve. Getting a manager who can cut it at PL level for the same wages as NW is not implausible.

We are poorly run and have generally recruited poorly (both in terms of timing and selecting the best players for the job).

Our administration is Championship level but the club , fan base and finances are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I’d prefer to be struggling in the Prem than winning in the Championship . As a foreign-based City fan it’s a very different experience being in the PL and Championship.

For those that say we aren’t ready, I’d say that 1) The board admitted to being slow with their prep for the PL....pull finger out and we start the season with a striker and a right back. 2) The Sala thing 3) We finished a few points off safety.

Having the correct infrastructure doesn’t cost billions and doesn’t take years to achieve. Getting a manager who can cut it at PL level for the same wages as NW is not implausible.

We are poorly run and have generally recruited poorly (both in terms of timing and selecting the best players for the job).

Our administration is Championship level but the club , fan base and finances are there.
    We knew that our chances of staying up was so slim that our expectations levels were close to zero. The lack of a striker and investment in new players at the beginning of the season seemed like an over-correction after the profligacy and poor judgement following the rebrand promotion. I'm hoping that we will regroup, move towards playing a style of football more associated with the Premier League (probably after the departure of Warnock who has been a wonderful antidote to the rebrand toxicity) and get promotion a third time and have a fighting chance of staying up. Goldilocks syndrome perhaps.....

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We knew that our chances of staying up was so slim that our expectations levels were close to zero. The lack of a striker and investment in new players at the beginning of the season seemed like an over-correction after the profligacy and poor judgement following the rebrand promotion. I'm hoping that we will regroup, move towards playing a style of football more associated with the Premier League (probably after the departure of Warnock who has been a wonderful antidote to the rebrand toxicity) and get promotion a third time and have a fighting chance of staying up. Goldilocks syndrome perhaps.....
    Thank both you intelligent people for agreeing with me

I’d do last season all over again.

At least we had hope until the final furlong. That’s what makes football exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Simple poll
    There’s a assumption we’re gonna do well in the Championship. Might not be right

Thank both you intelligent people for agreeing with me
    People tend to refer to me as a ‘bit of a thicko’ tbf.

Dunno where that leaves you and Taunton.

..... side note, I started reading the response to my post without knowing the poster, got to the word “profligate” and thought “I bet this is that genie fella”. Low and behold.

Premier league for me.

Each win was huge, so many brilliant memories.. season before when we went up was something else- maybe the best season since I started supporting the club 40 years ago.

However a mid table season in the Championship without a promotion challenge is pretty boring.

The massive crowds in the Prem , seeing the ground full week after week, the media attention- all brilliant.

Some of the refereeing and shite ‘pundits’ were probably the biggest negatives

If we genuinely want to be a big club and attract the next generation then only a sustained spell at the top will achieve that.

The Championship can be fun, but every week in the Premiership is massive and I really hope we can get back - and stay there

Despite relegation form we were the 11th best supported team in the Premier League and so every inch a PL side in that respect. Our greatest problem last season was the lack of vision by the owner and the board, Dalman admitted they failed to prepare the club for the Premier League.

We went up with a Championship squad and needed to speculate a bit in the summer transfer window if we were really going to give it a go but the club still had’t let go of the previous PL season. That said I admit I’m not convinced Warnock would necessarily have spent the money wisely.

Last season we appeared to think of ourselves as a Championship club. Until the lack of football knowledge at the top of the club is radically addressed then I don’t see that changing anytime soon.