+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everything that is wrong with plastics

Everything that is wrong with plastics

Just been reading the Arsenal forum and there's loads of people saying they've had enough of Arsenal. That's the problem with plastics. When the chips are down they have no real connection with the club they decided to follow. They're not fans and they will never understand what it really feels like to love your club. Thank goodness we don't attract rubbish like that.

Re: Everything that is wrong with plastics

Thank goodness for that. It'll be incredible to have 30,000 every home game next season

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Just been reading the Arsenal forum and there's loads of people saying they've had enough of Arsenal. That's the problem with plastics. When the chips are down they have no real connection with the club they decided to follow. They're not fans and they will never understand what it really feels like to love your club. Thank goodness we don't attract rubbish like that.
    How do you know they are plastics? Even the most Ardent gunner would be totally pissed off with that performance. They have been under achieving for yrs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Thank goodness for that. It'll be incredible to have 30,000 every home game next season
    Haha I knew that was coming. Every club who goes down sees their support reduced. Most of those lost fans will still go to games during the season and Cardiff remains their team. They don't dump the team and look for someone else to support.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    How do you know they are plastics? Even the most Ardent gunner would be totally pissed off with that performance. They have been under achieving for yrs now.
    Are you saying Arsenal don't attract plastic fans?

Are you saying Arsenal don't attract plastic fans?
    No. I’m asking how you know the fans posting on their forum are plastics?

Haha I knew that was coming. Every club who goes down sees their support reduced. Most of those lost fans will still go to games during the season and Cardiff remains their team. They don't dump the team and look for someone else to support.
    Not always. Established sides like Villa, Newcastle, Norwich never see theirs drop. Sides like us, Hull, QPR, Boro see a drop.

Armchair fans of Liverpool please see fit to put the most boring effin memes and boring facts abut Salah Van Dijk and Mane etc on my facebook feed and put up bloody hundreds of videos of Liverpool fans en masse singing about Salah Van Dijk and Mane whilst I know that you will never ever ever ever be in any of those effin videos as you are never ever ever at any of these games as you are sat on your effin arses on your laptops and phones putting up these sh1tty memes on my facebook and twitter feed. YNWA - F uck right off you plastic t wats - if every football fan was as fickle and t watish as you football would be dead as there'd be nobody at games as we'd all be sitting in our chairs instead of at matches waiting to put up the latest meme that Salah is so much effing better than Rashford or whatever - just f uck off you glory seeking nonces

And breathe.......

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Armchair fans of Liverpool please see fit to put the most boring effin memes and boring facts abut Salah Van Dijk and Mane etc on my facebook feed and put up bloody hundreds of videos of Liverpool fans en masse singing about Salah Van Dijk and Mane whilst I know that you will never ever ever ever be in any of those effin videos as you are never ever ever at any of these games as you are sat on your effin arses on your laptops and phones putting up these sh1tty memes on my facebook and twitter feed. YNWA - F uck right off you plastic t wats - if every football fan was as fickle and t watish as you football would be dead as there'd be nobody at games as we'd all be sitting in our chairs instead of at matches waiting to put up the latest meme that Salah is so much effing better than Rashford or whatever - just f uck off you glory seeking nonces

And breathe.......
    100%

I think plastics should be at the bottom of the ocean, ooh hang on !!!

Do you remember early on in the season when Arsenal fans were singing "we've got our Arsenal back"?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not always. Established sides like Villa, Newcastle, Norwich never see theirs drop. Sides like us, Hull, QPR, Boro see a drop.
    What is an "established side" exactly?

I'm sure your memory goes back far enough to remember Newcastle in the 1991-92 season, playing in what was then labelled the Second Division (Championship now). Their highest attendance that season was 30,306 against their arch-rivals Sunderland - their lowest gate was a mere 9,175! Imagine if, like us, they had dropped to the Fourth Division!

Aston Villa's average home attendance is 82% of their 42,682 capacity ground. Again, I'd be interested to know what their attendances would drop to (and they most definitely would!) if they stayed a few seasons in the Fourth Division (League 2)?
    So it's not true to say that sides that are "established" never see their gates drop.

Aston Villa's average home attendance is 82% of their 42,682 capacity ground.

And breathe.......

And breathe.......
    I like to steal from Mitchell and Webb when taking to plastics. When they tell me that they "support" liverpool, I tell them that I "support" the inbetweeners/peep show/babestation [I've been doing this for well over a decade now so my TV references are a little stale]. Some are intelligent enough to take offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I like to steal from Mitchell and Webb when taking to plastics. When they tell me that they "support" liverpool, I tell them that I "support" the inbetweeners/peep show/babestation [I've been doing this for well over a decade now so my TV references are a little stale]. Some are intelligent enough to take offense.
    I usually ask someone I see wearing a Liverpool/ Man U etc top if they're enjoying their holiday in Wales.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

I'm sure your memory goes back far enough to remember Newcastle in the 1991-92 season, playing in what was then labelled the Second Division (Championship now). Their highest attendance that season was 30,306 against their arch-rivals Sunderland - their lowest gate was a mere 9,175! Imagine if, like us, they had dropped to the Fourth Division!

Aston Villa's average home attendance is 82% of their 42,682 capacity ground. Again, I'd be interested to know what their attendances would drop to (and they most definitely would!) if they stayed a few seasons in the Fourth Division (League 2)?
    So it's not true to say that sides that are "established" never see their gates drop.

Everton ?

Interesting comment I read somewhere on a forum or the such from a England based Chelsea fan (I think) complaining about so many "foreigners" at home games, and then a non-England based reply about the fact that the Premier League has been promoting the game globally for years, building up an overseas fan base, so what do they expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

Villa's last season in the Premier League saw them with an average crowd of 33,690. It dropped by 1,500 for the next two Championship seasons, but shot up to 36,000 this season.

In 2015/16, Newcastle averaged just short of 50,000 in being relegated and over 1,000 more in winning the Championship the season after. It dropped by 4,000 the previous time they were relegated and gained just over 1,000 after winning promotion.

Norwich City's attendances have been remarkably consistent, even when they dropped into League 1.

Sunderland, by some contrast, lost almost 14,000 when they went down from the Premier League, yet gained over 4,000 last season in League 1!

People from South Wales complaining about "Plastics" have become more annoying and tedious than the "Plastics" they complain about.

Let people support who they want.

Is every City fan in the valleys a plastic as they chopose to watch City as opposed to the likes of Ton Pentre?