+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would we have taken more to Baku than Chelsea/Arsenal

Would we have taken more to Baku than Chelsea/Arsenal

Argument in work today, where I believe Cardiff would have took more than 6,000 to Baku if we made the Europa league final.

Putting aside that it would’ve been our first European final, and that on its own would’ve led more to travel.

I still think that if we were as successful as those 2 teams we would have took more than Arsenal and Chelsea. Fans from clubs like Liverpool, Rangers, Celtic, Man U would’ve found a way too.

The 3 guys I work with, 2 arsenal 1 spurs all disagree?

Re: Would we have taken more to Baku than Chelsea/Arsenal

i agree with the 2 Arsenal and spurs fans

They were only offered 6,000 tickets each

Been there, done that, never again, even if it was free.

No, we would not have taken 6000

If we were as successful as those two clubs, then no we wouldn't, as they haven't taken that many. Liverpool and Celtic fans are a different breed, and that's not a compliment, they have nothing else to live for, so their travelling en mass isn't that impressive, they're all gimps.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Chelsea sold 2000,
    Arsenal 4000

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    The clubs sent a couple thousand back each.

When I first moved up to London, I often used to bump into an old bloke (he was in his late 60’s / early 70’s) when travelling up to watch City in the Midlands. I think he’d get on the train at Milton Keynes or Luton, if memory serves me.

He was an ardent City fan, and had travelled out in 1968 to see City play Moscow Torpedo ..... in Tashkent ! (The game was moved from Moscow due to the bad weather). Some 4,000 miles.

It took him 5-6 days of constant travelling to get there, and another 5-6 days to get back..... and if memory serves me, I think he said no more than a dozen City fans were in attendance, ..... to see them lose 1-0 .

Baku seems child’s play to what these guys did

Quote Originally Posted by MarcP View Post
    When I first moved up to London, I often used to bump into an old bloke (he was in his late 60’s / early 70’s) when travelling up to watch City in the Midlands. I think he’d get on the train at Milton Keynes or Luton, if memory serves me.

He was an ardent City fan, and had travelled out in 1968 to see City play Moscow Torpedo ..... in Tashkent ! (The game was moved from Moscow due to the bad weather). Some 4,000 miles.

It took him 5-6 days of constant travelling to get there, and another 5-6 days to get back..... and if memory serves me, I think he said no more than a dozen City fans were in attendance, ..... to see them lose 1-0 .

Baku seems child’s play to what these guys did
    Yeah but what he didn’t tell you was he didn’t on a push bike

Did it

Look at our last European Jolly, how many did we take to Standard Liege ? ? ? must have been a couple of thousand, certainly appeared like we took over Liege what a trip, had it all

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Look at our last European Jolly, how many did we take to Standard Liege ? ? ? must have been a couple of thousand, certainly appeared like we took over Liege what a trip, had it all
    In fairness Liege is a little easier to get to.
    That said the return journey was a nightmare in a barely legal minibus full of hungover individuals who had not seen a shower for a few days .
    What a few nights that was and I still have my “invasion” t shirt somewhere not that I could fit into it these days.