+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cricket World Cup

Cricket World Cup

Bloody Hell that Archer is quick - he's like a Courtney Walsh or Joel Garner (Yes I know he's a West Indian)

Is he going to play red ball against the Aussies in the The Ashes this summer?

First Team

Re: Cricket World Cup

Based on today's performance you would struggle to not pick him. 90mph plus and a smooth action he could be a great strike bowler. Sussex have looked after him well and he is reaping the benefits.

cant see him not playing after the ecb relaxed the rule to allow him in this year

I think theres about 5 Tests in 7 weeks so both teams are going to have to rotate bowlers to a certain extent.

Cant see any quickie, including Broad and Anderson, playing all 5 so Archer will definitely play a few. Somehow they'll have to try to accommodate the Currans, Woakes and Wood aswell.

Tickets for New Zealand v Sri Lanka tomorrow, looking forward to it. Staying over-night in Cardiff, probably only the 5th or 6th time in 60 years!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think theres about 5 Tests in 7 weeks so both teams are going to have to rotate bowlers to a certain extent.

Cant see any quickie, including Broad and Anderson, playing all 5 so Archer will definitely play a few. Somehow they'll have to try to accommodate the Currans, Woakes and Wood aswell.
    If Anderson is fit and in form he will play all 5.

As for Archer he has to be in for the Ashes.

The axing of Willey from this squad doesnt seem right though.