+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What I’d do with Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What I’d do with Cardiff

Abraham will probably go back to Chelsea as cover for Giroud as that club has a transfer ban so will have to use the assets they have. As for the defensive midfield suggestions I laughed out loud at the thought of Ledley and Jedinak playing in the same side as they would probably be the slowest pair in the Championship and two players who are well past their best. If we really want to get promoted why on earth would we want players who couldn't be regulars in their respective Championship teams.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Abraham will probably go back to Chelsea as cover for Giroud as that club has a transfer ban so will have to use the assets they have. As for the defensive midfield suggestions I laughed out loud at the thought of Ledley and Jedinak playing in the same side as they would probably be the slowest pair in the Championship and two players who are well past their best. If we really want to get promoted why on earth would we want players who couldn't be regulars in their respective Championship teams.
    Sorry, you seem to have miss understood. It would be like this order.
    1. Vaulks
    2. Ampadu
    3. Reece James
    4. Ledley or Jedinak (1, not both)

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Sorry, you seem to have miss understood. It would be like this order.
    1. Vaulks
    2. Ampadu
    3. Reece James
    4. Ledley or Jedinak (1, not both)
    We won't get Ampadu for reasons already discussed in the context of Abrahams.. As for Ledley and Jedinak we don't need squad players; we need players who will automatically get into the team. I'm surprised that these two were even mentioned and someone else also mentioned Bryson - all players that couldn't even get into their respective teams on a regular basis.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We won't get Ampadu for reasons already discussed in the context of Abrahams.. As for Ledley and Jedinak we don't need squad players; we need players who will automatically get into the team. I'm surprised that these two were even mentioned and someone else also mentioned Bryson - all players that couldn't even get into their respective teams on a regular basis.
    Chelsea have enough centre backs. Even if they were struck with the plague... Rudiger, Azpi, Christeansen, Luiz... Abrahams is different as they don’t have a decent striker so if he did get a run of games he could do well...

Of course you need squad players! It’s the championship! When you are left with 2 midfielders (Bacuna and Ralls), you have to bring the first team players in but also back ups. And plus they ooze experiance and leadership! Something which is vital on the pitch let alone in the most competitive league in the world.