Mendez-Laing
    Lowe (1M)
    Adomah (Free)

Striker
    Abraham? (Loan)
    Zohore,
    Ward,
    Jay Rodriguez (10M)

Squad of 27. Wouldn’t do that bad I think. Has some Warnock-esque signings too

Re: What I’d do with Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Sell
    Etheridge (10M)
    Murphy (5M)
    Madine (1M)
    O’Keefe (250k)
    Tomlin (500k)

Budget: 14M

Goalkeeper
    Smithies,
    Murphy,
    John Ruddy (2M)

Full Backs:
    Bennett,
    Peltier,
    Reece James (Loan)
    Cunningham

Centre Backs:
    Morrison,
    Bamba,
    Manga,
    Ampadu (Loan)

Defensive Midfield:
    Vaulks (1M)
    Ledley (Free)
    Jedinak (Free)

Box to Box Midfielder
    Ralls,
    Bacuna,
    Bryson (Free)

Attacking Midfield
    Reid,
    Paterson

Wingers
    Hoilett
    Mendez-Laing
    Lowe (1M)
    Adomah (Free)

Striker
    Abraham? (Loan)
    Zohore,
    Ward,
    Jay Rodriguez (10M)

And then you “woke up”

Why are we taking a £5m loss on Murphy?

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC99 View Post
    I can’t really see anyone other than us be stupid enough to pay double figures for this lad - and if the premiership comes knocking

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC99 View Post
    Or finding teams prepared to pay a combined 750k for Tomlin and O Keefe.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yet again, finding someone to pay any higher would be day light robbery - it just wouldn't happen... also frees up the wage bill

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    O'Keefe is out of contract and can go free

Tomlin and O'Keefe will have to have to be paid off to leave.

We overpaid for Murphy, but he's young enough to spend some years here and hopefully we can get a good return from him, selling him for 5m one year later is absolutely mad.

sarsaparilla bars and chip shops on every corner.
    ban wifi

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    O'Keefe is out of contract and can go free
    Is he? Just assumed he was one of those players we just keep on never ending life long contracts

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Tomlin will have to have to be paid off to leave.

We overpaid for Murphy, but he's young enough to spend some years here and hopefully we can get a good return from him, selling him for 5m one year later is absolutely mad.
    As I said, some players want to get back to the top flight.... I can’t see him leaving for anything more

As I said, some players want to get back to the top flight.... I can’t see him leaving for anything more
    So he should stay then, the club won't sell for a massive loss.

Has he even indicated he wants out? Or any PL club shown interest? I don't think he did a lot last season to show he's worth a move back to the PL yet.

CardiffCitySince1927

Has he even indicated he wants out? Or any PL club shown interest? I don't think he did a lot last season to show he's worth a move back to the PL yet.
    Same here. But apparently Palace/Burnley/Chelsea! are sniffing (Chelsea to meet a London quota or something)

O'Keefe is out of contract and will be gone, just waiting for the retained list.
    If we can get money for Madine and Tomlin fair enough. Tomlin got a massive increase in wages when we were promoted , so hopefully there is a relegation clause too which brings the wages back down. That would make it easier for other clubs to buy/take him off our hands.

We shouldn't sell Etheridge or Murphy. Good news today the West ham have signed another 'keeper.

You forgot Jazz Richards and Coxe as other fullbacks. And Connolly as an extra centre-back, although i think he should move for regular football.

Jedinak is 35 and Ledley about 33, so not much future in those although I'd add Ledley as a squad player.
    We need more midfielders, about 4 to help in that area as all we have is Ralls and Bacuna now.

A new strike would be good and the injury prone Ward can go too as far as I'm concerned. We've also got Bogle on the books too, so I expect him to go out on loan again.

We need to improve the squad with bright young players not ageing pros and League 1 level players. I wouldn't be surprised if Smithies looks to leave if Etheridge stays. And we'll have to wait on Brian Murphy too, otherwise we might need 2 new 'keepers as back up.

The core squad is OK, but and extra 6 players are needed.

So a squad of

Etheridge, Smithies, Murphy, Peltier, Bennett, Cunningham, Coxe, Richards, Bamba, Managa, Morrison, Ralls, Bacuna, Mendez-Laing, Murphy, Hoilett, Zohore, Reid, Paterson would be a good base but that's only 19 players.

Same here. But apparently Palace/Burnley/Chelsea! are sniffing (Chelsea to meet a London quota or something)
    So you'd sell a player wanted by three Premier League clubs, one very rich, at a loss for just £5m?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So you'd sell a player wanted by three Premier League clubs, one very rich, at a loss for just £5m?
    What I thought. If Chelsea need him for a quota we should be taking them to the cleaners if possible.

Sell
    Etheridge (10M)
    Murphy (5M)
    Madine (1M)
    O’Keefe (250k)
    Tomlin (500k)

Goalkeeper
    Smithies,
    Murphy,
    John Ruddy (2M)

Full Backs:
    Bennett,
    Peltier,
    Reece James (Loan)
    Cunningham

Centre Backs:
    Morrison,
    Bamba,
    Manga,
    Ampadu (Loan)

Defensive Midfield:
    Vaulks (1M)
    Ledley (Free)
    Jedinak (Free)

Box to Box Midfielder
    Ralls,
    Bacuna,
    Bryson (Free)

Attacking Midfield
    Reid,
    Paterson

Wingers
    Hoilett
    Mendez-Laing
    Lowe (1M)
    Adomah (Free)

Striker
    Abraham? (Loan)
    Zohore,
    Ward,
    Jay Rodriguez (10M)

You think we'd get a striker who scored 22 goals last year for £10 million?

Abraham is premier League now

Will be interesting to see if we roll the dice and try to bring in players who can be with us for a number of years or whether we continue the Warnock trend of older, perhaps rough diamonds who can give us the best chance to get back to the premier league. Reagan Poole may be a player we can build our defence around for several years but having spent an awful lot of time on the bench may not be willing to come to be fourth choice and Warnock may naturally favour a more robust CB if we're bringing in one more - we should given our current trios age and how much football played over past two years - so perhaps Tom Lockyer is the more likely prodigal son. We need a number of midfielders and Vaulks makes so much sense and one of Jedinak and Ledley does too, but I would not say the same about Bryson. Big summer ahead for our transfer committee - next year looks like a really tough division.

What I thought. If Chelsea need him for a quota we should be taking them to the fackin cleaners if possible.
    FYP

Sell
    Etheridge (10M)
    Murphy (5M)
    Madine (1M)
    O’Keefe (250k)
    Tomlin (500k)

Goalkeeper
    Smithies,
    Murphy,
    John Ruddy (2M)

Full Backs:
    Bennett,
    Peltier,
    Reece James (Loan)
    Cunningham

Centre Backs:
    Morrison,
    Bamba,
    Manga,
    Ampadu (Loan)

Defensive Midfield:
    Vaulks (1M)
    Ledley (Free)
    Jedinak (Free)

Box to Box Midfielder
    Ralls,
    Bacuna,
    Bryson (Free)

Attacking Midfield
    Reid,
    Paterson

Wingers
    Hoilett
    Mendez-Laing
    Lowe (1M)
    Adomah (Free)

Striker
    Abraham? (Loan)
    Zohore,
    Ward,
    Jay Rodriguez (10M)

No chance of getting Reece James or Tammy Abraham, they will be premier League bound.
    Vaulks and Lowe would be a lot more than 1m each.
    Lesley and jedinak are both past it.

Abraham will probably go back to Chelsea as cover for Giroud as that club has a transfer ban so will have to use the assets they have. As for the defensive midfield suggestions I laughed out loud at the thought of Ledley and Jedinak playing in the same side as they would probably be the slowest pair in the Championship and two players who are well past their best. If we really want to get promoted why on earth would we want players who couldn't be regulars in their respective Championship teams.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    O'Keefe is out of contract and will be gone, just waiting for the retained list.
    If we can get money for Madine and Tomlin fair enough. Tomlin got a massive increase in wages when we were promoted , so hopefully there is a relegation clause too which brings the wages back down. That would make it easier for other clubs to buy/take him off our hands.

We shouldn't sell Etheridge or Murphy. Good news today the West ham have signed another 'keeper.

You forgot Jazz Richards and Coxe as other fullbacks. And Connolly as an extra centre-back, although i think he should move for regular football.

Jedinak is 35 and Ledley about 33, so not much future in those although I'd add Ledley as a squad player.
    We need more midfielders, about 4 to help in that area as all we have is Ralls and Bacuna now.

A new strike would be good and the injury prone Ward can go too as far as I'm concerned. We've also got Bogle on the books too, so I expect him to go out on loan again.

We need to improve the squad with bright young players not ageing pros and League 1 level players. I wouldn't be surprised if Smithies looks to leave if Etheridge stays. And we'll have to wait on Brian Murphy too, otherwise we might need 2 new 'keepers as back up.

The core squad is OK, but and extra 6 players are needed.

So a squad of

Etheridge, Smithies, Murphy, Peltier, Bennett, Cunningham, Coxe, Richards, Bamba, Managa, Morrison, Ralls, Bacuna, Mendez-Laing, Murphy, Hoilett, Zohore, Reid, Paterson would be a good base but that's only 19 players.
    Yeah, I didn’t put Jazz in as he hets injured by breathing - his poor lungs. Coxe, I didn’t know if he would actually break through, but of course he is a good player if he can make his way through the squad

Connolly is also another player who should only play cup games - twinkle ankles won’t survive in the league so fragile.

Yeah, I agree with the new striker - I gave two dodgy options I thought would suit Warnock’s style

Midfield, they would be the back ups and leaders to the side. 1 year contracts, nothing more. Also, we have like 4 players who can play CDM (Ampadu, James, Vaulks and Bamba if called upon).

Goalkeeper is a debateable situation. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want Etheridge to leave but if a 10M offer came in we could only sell him. We are nutty if we think we should keep him for that amount of money. B. Murphy is happy being a back up, and is a good enough backup.

Josh Murphy for 5M is the one that everyone disagrees with. I’m thinking he may wanna cut his losses. Get a bit of money in the bank. Idk

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Cut losses and get money in the bank. It’s Tan, we don’t know what he thinks.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Will be interesting to see if we roll the dice and try to bring in players who can be with us for a number of years or whether we continue the Warnock trend of older, perhaps rough diamonds who can give us the best chance to get back to the premier league. Reagan Poole may be a player we can build our defence around for several years but having spent an awful lot of time on the bench may not be willing to come to be fourth choice and Warnock may naturally favour a more robust CB if we're bringing in one more - we should given our current trios age and how much football played over past two years - so perhaps Tom Lockyer is the more likely prodigal son. We need a number of midfielders and Vaulks makes so much sense and one of Jedinak and Ledley does too, but I would not say the same about Bryson. Big summer ahead for our transfer committee - next year looks like a really tough division.
    Bryson I guessed as he’s an Ex-Cardiff Warnock signing who did decently. I’d love to know what goes through Warnock’s mind, and I really wanna see who we get