+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I’d do with Cardiff

CardiffCitySince1927

Re: What I’d do with Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Abraham is premier League now
    On yeah - but if we can get him - that’d be 20 goals.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Abraham will probably go back to Chelsea as cover for Giroud as that club has a transfer ban so will have to use the assets they have. As for the defensive midfield suggestions I laughed out loud at the thought of Ledley and Jedinak playing in the same side as they would probably be the slowest pair in the Championship and two players who are well past their best. If we really want to get promoted why on earth would we want players who couldn't be regulars in their respective Championship teams.
    Sorry, you seem to have miss understood. It would be like this order.
    1. Vaulks
    2. Ampadu
    3. Reece James
    4. Ledley or Jedinak (1, not both)

Lots of suggestions about Ampadu.

On the bench for Chelsea's Europa League final. A team fighting a transfer embargo that could see them stuck with the current squad they d have for all of next season. Loftus-Cheek injured for at least half a season and Kovacic going back to Madrid. He's not going anywhere.

Another suggestion about Abraham who is likely to be playing Premier league football next season, so why consider his chances playing for us?

I think some fans need to take a step back and take a breathe and really think about who we could be potentially going for next season. The suggestions of the sales alone in this thread are laughable.

Bryson? I think we'd like to retain possession a bit more this time around, you know.. put our foot on the ball more! Bryson is a poor man's Harry Arter. If you like players who run around a lot, burn up energy chasing lost causes and someone who doesn't know how to effectively close down a man, then Bryson is your man..

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Sell
    Etheridge (10M)
    Murphy (5M)
    Madine (1M)
    O’Keefe (250k)
    Tomlin (500k)

Budget: 14M

Goalkeeper
    Smithies,
    Murphy,
    John Ruddy (2M)

Full Backs:
    Bennett,
    Peltier,
    Reece James (Loan)
    Cunningham

Centre Backs:
    Morrison,
    Bamba,
    Manga,
    Ampadu (Loan)

Defensive Midfield:
    Vaulks (1M)
    Ledley (Free)
    Jedinak (Free)

Box to Box Midfielder
    Ralls,
    Bacuna,
    Bryson (Free)

Attacking Midfield
    Reid,
    Paterson

Wingers
    Hoilett
    Mendez-Laing
    Lowe (1M)
    Adomah (Free)

Striker
    Abraham? (Loan)
    Zohore,
    Ward,
    Jay Rodriguez (10M)

Squad of 27. Wouldn’t do that bad I think. Has some Warnock-esque signings too
    We can get more than £1m for Gazza Madine. Back to back Championship promotions for him.

Sorry, you seem to have miss understood. It would be like this order.
    1. Vaulks
    2. Ampadu
    3. Reece James
    4. Ledley or Jedinak (1, not both)
    We won't get Ampadu for reasons already discussed in the context of Abrahams.. As for Ledley and Jedinak we don't need squad players; we need players who will automatically get into the team. I'm surprised that these two were even mentioned and someone else also mentioned Bryson - all players that couldn't even get into their respective teams on a regular basis.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    We can get more than £1m for Gazza Madine. Back to back Championship promotions for him.
    In his goalscoring form?

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We won't get Ampadu for reasons already discussed in the context of Abrahams.. As for Ledley and Jedinak we don't need squad players; we need players who will automatically get into the team. I'm surprised that these two were even mentioned and someone else also mentioned Bryson - all players that couldn't even get into their respective teams on a regular basis.
    Chelsea have enough centre backs. Even if they were struck with the plague... Rudiger, Azpi, Christeansen, Luiz... Abrahams is different as they don’t have a decent striker so if he did get a run of games he could do well...

Of course you need squad players! It’s the championship! When you are left with 2 midfielders (Bacuna and Ralls), you have to bring the first team players in but also back ups. And plus they ooze experiance and leadership! Something which is vital on the pitch let alone in the most competitive league in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    sarsaparilla bars and chip shops on every corner.
    ban wifi
    Make all parking in the city centre FREE

Absolutely fantastic news you aren't in control then based off your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Absolutely fantastic news you aren't in control then based off your suggestions.
    35 replies and it still hasn’t sunk in

Him, not you

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    sarsaparilla bars ...
    Takes me back 40 years! Thanks for the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinblue View Post
    Takes me back 40 years! Thanks for the memory.
    Has it gone? Sorry not a Cardiff resident. But I recall drinking that stuff as a child in the early 1960's and I swear it was alcoholic - at least the affect of it was not dissimilar to drinking beer.

I can’t really see anyone other than us be stupid enough to pay double figures for this lad - and if the premiership comes knocking
    So no one is stupid enough to pay double figures for him, yet the Premier teams could come knocking?