+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone Seen The Foo's In Concert?

Anyone Seen The Foo's In Concert?

Going to Dublin in August to see them, can't wait.

Re: Anyone Seen The Foo's In Concert?

If you left out “in concert”, I’ve seen some lovely “FOOS”

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Saw them at Glastonbury a few years back.

Don't remember anything about it sorry.

They are a great live band , Dave Grohl works the crowd well and they tend to play for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Three times at festivals during the mid-Nineties, 1995 and 1996 sounds about right. Reading for definite in 1995, possibly Leeds and Stratford in 1996, not 100% sure. However, I do remember the Foo Fighters playing in a big tent at Reading and the set had to be stopped several times because the crowd inside was too large and lively. I was just outside the tent with my girlfriend stood on the back steps of an ice cream van - great view, none of the hassle.

I'm pretty sure that was the last time I went to Reading and it was a good line-up that year including Green Day, Hole (who were abysmal that day), Skunk Anansie, Echobelly, Ash, 60ft Dolls and dEUS. I also saw Space and the Super Furry Animals playing on a tiny stage at that one. I think both were unsigned at the time.

I saw then in the late 90's. They put on a good show, but it's not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I saw then in the late 90's. They put on a good show, but it's not my thing.
    Change of subject, but have you heard or seen anything of NYU student Miss Grit? I saw her play the Dot to Dot Festival in Bristol last weekend and was very impressed, but I think it was only her sixth or seventh gig or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Change of subject, but have you heard or seen anything of NYU student Miss Grit? I saw her play the Dot to Dot Festival in Bristol last weekend and was very impressed, but I think it was only her sixth or seventh gig or something like that.
    Someone mentioned her to me just last week. So I had a listen. Pretty good stuff. It kind of reminded me of Hooray For Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBkw8QQsE8w

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Saw them at Glastonbury a few years back.

Don't remember anything about it sorry.
    Must have been a good time then. lol

International

Three times at festivals during the mid-Nineties, 1995 and 1996 sounds about right. Reading for definite in 1995, possibly Leeds and Stratford in 1996, not 100% sure. However, I do remember the Foo Fighters playing in a big tent at Reading and the set had to be stopped several times because the crowd inside was too large and lively. I was just outside the tent with my girlfriend stood on the back steps of an ice cream van - great view, none of the hassle.

I'm pretty sure that was the last time I went to Reading and it was a good line-up that year including Green Day, Hole (who were abysmal that day), Skunk Anansie, Echobelly, Ash, 60ft Dolls and dEUS. I also saw Space and the Super Furry Animals playing on a tiny stage at that one. I think both were unsigned at the time.
    Is this ice cream van loosely connect to anything ever discussed on here in the past? Just wondering.

60ft Dolls class act

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Great band who put on a great show.

Seen them at Reading Festival and prior to that supporting Oasis in Cardiff back in the day.

Loads on YouTube to warm you up. Dave Grohl can go on a bit at times but as a musician and a vocalist he's one of the best, and Taylor Hawkins is right up there as a special drummer.

I know someone who turned down a chance to be in the Foo Fighters because he wanted to "do his own thing" which inevitably came to nothing. What an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    60ft Dolls class act
    From Newport weren't they? I had their album.

Think I heard that one or more of them got pretty messed up on drugs and they split up as a result