+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Laws For Next Season

New Laws For Next Season

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48382254

Couple of them are actually pretty good

Re: New Laws For Next Season

I think there was also some potential to change the rule where a player has to leave the pitch after he’s been injured and had treatment on the field. Doesn’t feel right when a central defender gets injured before a corner and then can’t be on the pitch to defend that corner.

"Also if the offence was going to be a red card for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity, but the opposition take a quick free-kick, then the player will only be booked because the other team are considered to have restarted their attack."

I can see this new rule causing a riot if fans don't understand it.

I likr the dropped ball change.
    How many times have we seen attacking play stopped by a player feigning a head injury?

"A player who is being substituted must leave the pitch by the nearest point on the touchline or byeline - unless the referee says he can leave quickly at the halfway line - or elsewhere for safety or injury reasons.

This change is to stop players time-wasting. Any player who "infringes the spirit of this law" will be booked for unsporting behaviour."

Booking the player coming off for time wasting is no advantage to the opposition team. I'd book the player coming on as its effectively a "team" offence. Soon see this practise stop!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    "A player who is being substituted must leave the pitch by the nearest point on the touchline or byeline - unless the referee says he can leave quickly at the halfway line - or elsewhere for safety or injury reasons.

This change is to stop players time-wasting. Any player who "infringes the spirit of this law" will be booked for unsporting behaviour."

Booking the player coming off for time wasting is no advantage to the opposition team. I'd book the player coming on as its effectively a "team" offence. Soon see this practise stop!!
    Brighton were one of the worst offenders of sending a player about to be substituted to the far side of the pitch !!!!

Noticed this when they were in the championship and they were still doing it last season

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post

I can see all players about to be substituted making their way to the centre spot

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I can see all players about to be substituted making their way to the centre spot
    Bound to happen.