+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone watching the boxing?

Anyone watching the boxing?

Taylor v Persoon. What a scrap. Brilliant!

Re: Anyone watching the boxing?

Amazing fight, absolutely ruined by bent decision. Happening too often now in boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Taylor v Persoon. What a scrap. Brilliant!
    saw the last four rounds

Taylor wins on points. I guess she was stronger early on.

Persoon was strong in those closing rounds

Proper slug fest. fair play to both girls

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    saw the last four rounds

Taylor wins on points. I guess she was stronger early on.

Persoon was strong in those closing rounds
    All the ringside fighters had Persoon the winner.
    Love to know what fight the judges were watching

Joshua has no jaw. Ruiz destroyed him and killed his will

imagine what deontay would do to AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    imagine what deontay would do to AJ
    Or Fury. They’d both knock him out

Got slapped about. This is the problem where they all cherry pick opponents. I'm not saying he couldn't come back in a rematch and beat ruiz but the hype that builds is unreal. Same for wilder for me. Fury has impressed me the most. If he can keep himself motivated and focused he's the best of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Glad this happened, purely to see Eddie with egg on his face. Boxing doesn't benefit in any way having AJ walk through underwhelming opponents while dodging the two top guys.

IF he can manage to beat Ruiz he needs the winner of Fury/Wilder 2, then I hope that fight ends his hype train cause he's nowhere near those two

Closer to home Jay Harris the new european flyweight champion,: he beat Angel Moreno in Cardiff last night.

Its a terrible division. Completely over hyped by Sky and Eddie Hearn.

Feel sorry for Joshua but its well worth it to see the smile wiped off Eddie Hearns face.

Apparently ruiz started negotiations by bothering Hearn on social media. Couple months later and he is a multi belt world champion. World we live in.

I don't think that Fury would knock Joshua out, he's certainly beat him comfortably. I'm just glad that AJ Hypejob has been found out, Hopefully Windmill Wilder gets the same treatment, he's ****ing shit as well, can't box or move his feet, Just that right hand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikGPLO-fpgY

sorry for the size, but best i could find on youtube.

3rd round is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that Fury would knock Joshua out, he's certainly beat him comfortably. I'm just glad that AJ Hypejob has been found out, Hopefully Windmill Wilder gets the same treatment, he's ****ing shit as well, can't box or move his feet, Just that right hand...
    Why don’t you think Fury would knock him out? Are you speculating on one fight or don’t you think he has the capability to ever do it?

Do not think many if any on this forum backed Andy Ruiz Jr to win last night. But it took someone of his calibre to put Joshua in his place. He was willing to take shots in order to deliver his own and get within boxing range. Unlike Povetkin, Parker etc... Who were all willing to box at Joshua jabbing range and just handed the fight to the Brit. Ruiz Jr took the risk, he was willing to absorb to deliver his own and he made the fight his fight. Joshua could have arguably won it in the third had he stayed composed and stuck the course. But he decided to go toe to toe and heavyweights can bang and Joshua found that out last night.

The new contender at Heavyweight I am most anticipating to watch and everyone will be wanting to run from is Usyk. Fury vs Usyk is a fight I would love to see in the future.

Why don’t you think Fury would knock him out? Are you speculating on one fight or don’t you think he has the capability to ever do it?
    Fury hasn’t got much of a knockout punch, but After watching Joshua last night, I don’t think he’d need one. Just blow on him.

I don't think that Fury would go for the knockout, i don't think that he fights that way anymore, or certainly against opponents who may cause him a problem. I'll put it back to you; Why didn't Fury finish of Wilder, or keep up the pressure when he was hitting Wilder (and hurting him) with those combinations? instead he stepped out and reset himself. Fury probably has the power to knock out joshua, i just don't think that he wants to get into a trade off with a one time big hitter. Freddie Roach reckoned that Fury should've pressed more against Wilder, i tend to agree.