+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: West Ham offer sponsor-less shirts.

West Ham offer sponsor-less shirts.

Apparently some clubs get round this when sponsored by betting companies by offering an “under 18’s” range that has all adult sizes. Kids shirts can’t have betting companies.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/...nsors.html?m=1

I don’t mind sponsors from an aesthetic point of view, and some sponsors are fine ethically speaking too I suppose. Our sponsor isn’t particularly problematic. Visually, it’s the pits. No frills. Safeway/Iceland of shirt/sponsor design.

I might have been a bit more tempted by a sponsor-less shirt this/last season.

Re: West Ham offer sponsor-less shirts.

I hate advertising shirts other than :
    Supper Furry Animals and the infamous short named (Ken Thorne World Of Cars )

The shirt I wear to most games is the one after 777 was removed 'cos they weren't licenced here, but before SBO went on.
    Looksd much better without a sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    The shirt I wear to most games is the one after 777 was removed 'cos they weren't licenced here, but before SBO went on.
    Looksd much better without a sponsor.
    Me too, love the no sponsor shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Brains was a good one. SWE fine. Sunderland’s this year is a good idea.

Who wants to be a walking billboard?

I don't like the new Man Utd shirts..

to

My 91\92 shirt has no sponsor and it's my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I remember the home match after Ken Thorne had gone tits up and we were looking for a new sponsor. I saw one bloke in the grandstand who had actually cut out the Ken Thorne logo and looked a bit like a Teletubby!

Maybe it's because I've got used to them but I think I prefer shirts with a sponsor albeit ours looks like it's been done on Microsoft word in bold. I think the ones without almost look like training tops.

I think the international tops look much better with the numbers on them in most cases if it's quite a plain design.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember the home match after Ken Thorne had gone tits up and we were looking for a new sponsor. I saw one bloke in the grandstand who had actually cut out the Ken Thorne logo and looked a bit like a Teletubby!

Was Leekes who replaced him and you could still see the outline on the shirt from KTWOC