+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Britain’s historic towns

Britain’s historic towns

Was aired last night on channel 4 , just watched it on catch up , highly recommend it , a great insight into the Edwardian history of the worlds greatest city ... that’s Cardiff by the way

Re: Britain’s historic towns

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Was aired last night on channel 4 , just watched it on catch up , highly recommend it , a great insight into the Edwardian history of the worlds greatest city ... that’s Cardiff by the way
    Ta. Will take a look.

Watched a documentary on catch-up about the Bute family last night. Including the works they commissioned (castle, Castell Coch etc.) and the growth of Cardiff docks and the City.

I've got the Bute series recorded but haven't watched it yet. I did watch the series Dock of the Bay, about the transformation of the docklands. I thought it was pretty poor.

International

I watched this twice. I think it was very good and some of the aerial footage was excellent.
    amazing hearing how huge the coal movement was and although I knew it was the biggest exporting port in the word I never really realise just how big. One small comment stuck in my head, the Q Alexandra dock being the biggest non tidal dock anywhere when it was first opened
    Recommend it to anyone to watch. Top rate!

Just watched, good that.

Cardiff is quite a striking-looking City from the air these days. Particularly when viewed from the bay with the waterfront, skyline and lots of green areas snaking right into the heart of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Just watched, good that.

Cardiff is quite a striking-looking City from the air these days. Particularly when viewed from the bay with the waterfront, skyline and lots of green areas snaking right into the heart of the city.
    Gods land