Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 34

Thread: The BBC licence fee

  1. #1

    The BBC licence fee

    We pay for this shite

    Three main stories today Sunday

    US president calls Meghan nasty.
    Ann Widdecombe a pensioner MEP accused of suggesting medicine can provide help for queers.

    Kill tory bands to play Glasto.

    I despair. Are these left wing sad bastards that desperate to wind hoi polloi up?

    Total bollocks from the BBC as ever.

    I despair.

  2. #2

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    We pay for this shite

    Three main stories today Sunday

    US president calls Meghan nasty.
    Ann Widdecombe a pensioner MEP accused of suggesting medicine can provide help for queers.

    Kill tory bands to play Glasto.

    I despair. Are these left wing sad bastards that desperate to wind hoi polloi up?

    Total bollocks from the BBC as ever.

    I despair.
    All in the very right wing Sunday Times as well, and more if you care to read. Loads of slagging off Labour and JC, which I am sure you will enjoy.

  3. #3
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    5,984

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    All in the very right wing Sunday Times as well, and more if you care to read. Loads of slagging off Labour and JC, which I am sure you will enjoy.
    You read it then clearly?

  4. #4

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    I think the licence fee is worth it. The BBC has produced some marvellous programmes over the years. David Attenborough’s are worth a mint on their own. No poxy adverts, which cost us a fortune by the way... oh and Popmaster👍👍

  5. #5

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    There's nothing like a nice bit of propaganda on a Sunday afternoon to while away the time. It brings back memories of Jackanory, which I used to love as a kid

  6. #6

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You read it then clearly?
    Yes I do. Guilty pleasure I guess as there are parts of the paper that are good. Its anti Labour bias in the news section is breathtaking, not what you might expect from a so called broadsheet.

  7. #7

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    I'm one of the BBC's biggest fans and would gleefully pay triple what the current licence fee is to ensure I get to read and watch its unrivalled news whose veracity is beyond reproach.

    Its entertainment output is also superb. Soufflés would begin collapsing the length and breadth of Blighty but for the guidance offered by their wonderful cooking programmes.

    Who can forget classic shows the like of Terry and June, Are You Being Served? and Cheggers Plays Pop which were all produced by everyone's favourite TV channel.

    PS I'm getting sucked off with Alwaysaway's constant moaning. Is he a wino?

  8. #8

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Brexit Party are running to have an MP in Peterborough but at the moment have not provided information about what they'd do outside of drive us towards a no deal, which the vast majority of pundits says would significantly weaken the UK. This means Brexit Party can become all things for their supporters, who no doubt have a variety of views outside of Brexit, but also means that pundits are trying to pin them down on what they want to do and are using recorded quotes to try and get there.

    The other big news story is the Conservative MP who talked-out the chance to offer all those convicted of being homosexual a pardon for the "crime" is running to be next Prime Minister. He won't win because willing to offer a second referendum but this aforementioned part of his voting history not mentioned today on the BBC.

  9. #9

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Shouldn't this be in the politics side it's the only bill I pay on time, quality news and entertainment.

  10. #10

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    I put Alwaysaway on ignore a few years back.
    Sadly Jeremy Corbyn quoted him and reminded me of the drivel I've been missing.

  11. #11

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think the licence fee is worth it. The BBC has produced some marvellous programmes over the years. David Attenborough’s are worth a mint on their own. No poxy adverts, which cost us a fortune by the way... oh and Popmaster👍👍
    Totally agree , radio Is great , as Is the varied TV channels .

    The BBC has been at the heart and fabric of our society for generations ,throughout all governments left or right ,and now it doesnt fit comfortably with the left as there in house problems are exposed as are its anti britishness.

    I clearly recall Cameron and Osbourne government threatening to break it up for there left leaning views .

    In the cold war era it was a huge left sympathiser.

    Its gone on for years this debate and its crap in my view .

    The new left are consumed with conspiracy theories, perhaps they should sort there own behaviours out before pointing the finger ,as they are no saints these days ,and party I struggle to recognise or like which personally is very sad .

  12. #12

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    I had to suffer these weird things the other day, I think they were called adverts? Been years since I had to suffer such intrusion, trying to convince me something was good when I wasn’t interested......

  13. #13

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    We pay for this shite

    Three main stories today Sunday

    US president calls Meghan nasty.
    Ann Widdecombe a pensioner MEP accused of suggesting medicine can provide help for queers.

    Kill tory bands to play Glasto.

    I despair. Are these left wing sad bastards that desperate to wind hoi polloi up?

    Total bollocks from the BBC as ever.

    I despair.
    Really? Is this the type of language you use in Jersey? Grow up.

  14. #14
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    5,984

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Brexit Party are running to have an MP in Peterborough but at the moment have not provided information about what they'd do outside of drive us towards a no deal, which the vast majority of pundits says would significantly weaken the UK. This means Brexit Party can become all things for their supporters, who no doubt have a variety of views outside of Brexit, but also means that pundits are trying to pin them down on what they want to do and are using recorded quotes to try and get there.

    The other big news story is the Conservative MP who talked-out the chance to offer all those convicted of being homosexual a pardon for the "crime" is running to be next Prime Minister. He won't win because willing to offer a second referendum but this aforementioned part of his voting history not mentioned today on the BBC.
    Why do you think they are the big stories? Perhaps because they are the things that interest you. others may disagree on your big story choice.
    In fact others may be totally bored with them.

  15. #15

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm one of the BBC's biggest fans and would gleefully pay triple what the current licence fee is to ensure I get to read and watch its unrivalled news whose veracity is beyond reproach.

    Its entertainment output is also superb. Soufflés would begin collapsing the length and breadth of Blighty but for the guidance offered by their wonderful cooking programmes.

    Who can forget classic shows the like of Terry and June, Are You Being Served? and Cheggers Plays Pop which were all produced by everyone's favourite TV channel.

    PS I'm getting sucked off with Alwaysaway's constant moaning. Is he a wino?
    A whino perhaps

  16. #16

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm one of the BBC's biggest fans and would gleefully pay triple what the current licence fee is to ensure I get to read and watch its unrivalled news whose veracity is beyond reproach.

    Its entertainment output is also superb. Soufflés would begin collapsing the length and breadth of Blighty but for the guidance offered by their wonderful cooking programmes.

    Who can forget classic shows the like of Terry and June, Are You Being Served? and Cheggers Plays Pop which were all produced by everyone's favourite TV channel.

    PS I'm getting sucked off with Alwaysaway's constant moaning. Is he a wino?
    That is disgusting.

    What you and Alwaysaway do with each other is surely a private matter ?

  17. #17

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    We pay for this shite

    Three main stories today Sunday

    US president calls Meghan nasty.
    Ann Widdecombe a pensioner MEP accused of suggesting medicine can provide help for queers.

    Kill tory bands to play Glasto.

    I despair. Are these left wing sad bastards that desperate to wind hoi polloi up?

    Total bollocks from the BBC as ever.

    I despair.
    Really. You try getting everything that the BBC produces for less money elsewhere.

  18. #18

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Really. You try getting everything that the BBC produces for less money elsewhere.
    I'd suggest that most of 'everything the BBC produces' is utter rubbish. Most documentaries/factuals/dramas are made outside of the BBC. Probably the News content but that's getting trivialised and is almost like children's Newsround was a couple of decades ago.

    Best thing I'm watching on BBC is What we do in the Shadows, but again, not the BBC's own work, an American import.

    The BBC gets nearly £4 billion every year from us..

  19. #19

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    The BBC gets nearly £4 billion every year from us..[/QUOTE]

    TV advertising revenue was £5.11 billion last year, all paid for by us. I know what’s the better deal, it’s definitely the licence fee.

  20. #20

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd suggest that most of 'everything the BBC produces' is utter rubbish. Most documentaries/factuals/dramas are made outside of the BBC. Probably the News content but that's getting trivialised and is almost like children's Newsround was a couple of decades ago.

    Best thing I'm watching on BBC is What we do in the Shadows, but again, not the BBC's own work, an American import.

    The BBC gets nearly £4 billion every year from us..
    You probably will find most of it to be rubbish, because the BBC will cater for areas of small interest as well as general interest. I find absolutely everything on ITV to be rubbish because it only goes for a broad range.

    So yeah, I agree that most stuff on the BBC is rubbish but it's worth it for the few things that I do really like that would never get made by other channels.

  21. #21

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Sweden recently did away with its license fee and put a few more pennies on the tax.
    Much better imo

  22. #22

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd suggest that most of 'everything the BBC produces' is utter rubbish. Most documentaries/factuals/dramas are made outside of the BBC. Probably the News content but that's getting trivialised and is almost like children's Newsround was a couple of decades ago.

    Best thing I'm watching on BBC is What we do in the Shadows, but again, not the BBC's own work, an American import.

    The BBC gets nearly £4 billion every year from us..
    They don't get any of this for free though, do they? It has to be paid for.

  23. #23

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That is disgusting.

    What you and Alwaysaway do with each other is surely a private matter ?
    You get top marks for that one, Jimbo.

  24. #24

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why do you think they are the big stories? Perhaps because they are the things that interest you. others may disagree on your big story choice.
    In fact others may be totally bored with them.
    - Who will be the next MP?
    - Who will be the next Prime Minister?

    Small and boring news stories?

  25. #25

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    At least our money is being put to good use..


  26. #26

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You probably will find most of it to be rubbish, because the BBC will cater for areas of small interest as well as general interest. I find absolutely everything on ITV to be rubbish because it only goes for a broad range.

    So yeah, I agree that most stuff on the BBC is rubbish but it's worth it for the few things that I do really like that would never get made by other channels.
    True. Probably watch more BBC 4 than any other channel - except sports channels..

  27. #27

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    They don't get any of this for free though, do they? It has to be paid for.
    True, but the BBC is always lauded as producing quality programs when often they're made by independents..

  28. #28

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    True, but the BBC is always lauded as producing quality programs when often they're made by independents..
    Are we talking about commissions or just purchasing programmes? Huge difference.

  29. #29

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You probably will find most of it to be rubbish, because the BBC will cater for areas of small interest as well as general interest. I find absolutely everything on ITV to be rubbish because it only goes for a broad range.
    Why do you even bother watching terrestrial television? I've avoided it for many years and don't miss any of it.

  30. #30

    Re: The BBC licence fee

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd suggest that most of 'everything the BBC produces' is utter rubbish. Most documentaries/factuals/dramas are made outside of the BBC. Probably the News content but that's getting trivialised and is almost like children's Newsround was a couple of decades ago.

    Best thing I'm watching on BBC is What we do in the Shadows, but again, not the BBC's own work, an American import.

    The BBC gets nearly £4 billion every year from us..
    You can choose not to watch/pay.


    What's curious about what you say is I would say the BBC is considered to be the leader by other TV companies across the planet in current affairs, drama, factual programs and even entertainment. And it is incredibly efficient in what it produces. It beats Sky/Fox, Amazon and Netflix etc by a mile in terms of content produced per $1 spent. I actually think the 4B BGP is very cheap.


    I'm guessing you've never lived in a country without an equivalent of the BBC? There aren't many things at the moment that make you proud to be from the UK, the BBC is absolutely one of them.


    BTW bias? My arse. I once read a quote from Bin Laden saying the only news he listened to on his radio in his cave was the World Service because it was unbiased.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •