+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BBC licence fee

The BBC licence fee

We pay for this shite

Three main stories today Sunday

US president calls Meghan nasty.
    Ann Widdecombe a pensioner MEP accused of suggesting medicine can provide help for queers.

Kill tory bands to play Glasto.

I despair. Are these left wing sad bastards that desperate to wind hoi polloi up?

Total bollocks from the BBC as ever.

I despair.

Re: The BBC licence fee

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    We pay for this shite

Ann Widdecombe a pensioner MEP accused of suggesting medicine can provide help for queers.

I despair. Are these left wing sad bastards that desperate to wind hoi polloi up?

I despair.
    All in the very right wing Sunday Times as well, and more if you care to read. Loads of slagging off Labour and JC, which I am sure you will enjoy.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    All in the very right wing Sunday Times as well, and more if you care to read. Loads of slagging off Labour and JC, which I am sure you will enjoy.
    You read it then clearly?

I think the licence fee is worth it. The BBC has produced some marvellous programmes over the years. David Attenborough’s are worth a mint on their own. No poxy adverts, which cost us a fortune by the way... oh and Popmaster👍👍

There's nothing like a nice bit of propaganda on a Sunday afternoon to while away the time. It brings back memories of Jackanory, which I used to love as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You read it then clearly?
    Yes I do. Guilty pleasure I guess as there are parts of the paper that are good. Its anti Labour bias in the news section is breathtaking, not what you might expect from a so called broadsheet.

I'm one of the BBC's biggest fans and would gleefully pay triple what the current licence fee is to ensure I get to read and watch its unrivalled news whose veracity is beyond reproach.

Its entertainment output is also superb. Soufflés would begin collapsing the length and breadth of Blighty but for the guidance offered by their wonderful cooking programmes.

Who can forget classic shows the like of Terry and June, Are You Being Served? and Cheggers Plays Pop which were all produced by everyone's favourite TV channel.

PS I'm getting sucked off with Alwaysaway's constant moaning. Is he a wino?

Brexit Party are running to have an MP in Peterborough but at the moment have not provided information about what they'd do outside of drive us towards a no deal, which the vast majority of pundits says would significantly weaken the UK. This means Brexit Party can become all things for their supporters, who no doubt have a variety of views outside of Brexit, but also means that pundits are trying to pin them down on what they want to do and are using recorded quotes to try and get there.

The other big news story is the Conservative MP who talked-out the chance to offer all those convicted of being homosexual a pardon for the "crime" is running to be next Prime Minister. He won't win because willing to offer a second referendum but this aforementioned part of his voting history not mentioned today on the BBC.

Shouldn't this be in the politics side it's the only bill I pay on time, quality news and entertainment.

I put Alwaysaway on ignore a few years back.
    Sadly Jeremy Corbyn quoted him and reminded me of the drivel I've been missing.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think the licence fee is worth it. The BBC has produced some marvellous programmes over the years. David Attenborough’s are worth a mint on their own. No poxy adverts, which cost us a fortune by the way... oh and Popmaster👍👍
    Totally agree , radio Is great , as Is the varied TV channels .

The BBC has been at the heart and fabric of our society for generations ,throughout all governments left or right ,and now it doesnt fit comfortably with the left as there in house problems are exposed as are its anti britishness.

I clearly recall Cameron and Osbourne government threatening to break it up for there left leaning views .

In the cold war era it was a huge left sympathiser.

Its gone on for years this debate and its crap in my view .

The new left are consumed with conspiracy theories, perhaps they should sort there own behaviours out before pointing the finger ,as they are no saints these days ,and party I struggle to recognise or like which personally is very sad .

I had to suffer these weird things the other day, I think they were called adverts? Been years since I had to suffer such intrusion, trying to convince me something was good when I wasn’t interested......

We pay for this shite

I despair.
    Really? Is this the type of language you use in Jersey? Grow up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Brexit Party are running to have an MP in Peterborough but at the moment have not provided information about what they'd do outside of drive us towards a no deal, which the vast majority of pundits says would significantly weaken the UK. This means Brexit Party can become all things for their supporters, who no doubt have a variety of views outside of Brexit, but also means that pundits are trying to pin them down on what they want to do and are using recorded quotes to try and get there.

The other big news story is the Conservative MP who talked-out the chance to offer all those convicted of being homosexual a pardon for the "crime" is running to be next Prime Minister. He won't win because willing to offer a second referendum but this aforementioned part of his voting history not mentioned today on the BBC.
    Why do you think they are the big stories? Perhaps because they are the things that interest you. others may disagree on your big story choice.
    In fact others may be totally bored with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm one of the BBC's biggest fans and would gleefully pay triple what the current licence fee is to ensure I get to read and watch its unrivalled news whose veracity is beyond reproach.

Its entertainment output is also superb. Soufflés would begin collapsing the length and breadth of Blighty but for the guidance offered by their wonderful cooking programmes.

Who can forget classic shows the like of Terry and June, Are You Being Served? and Cheggers Plays Pop which were all produced by everyone's favourite TV channel.

A whino perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

That is disgusting.

What you and Alwaysaway do with each other is surely a private matter ?

We pay for this shite

I despair.
    Really. You try getting everything that the BBC produces for less money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Really. You try getting everything that the BBC produces for less money elsewhere.
    I'd suggest that most of 'everything the BBC produces' is utter rubbish. Most documentaries/factuals/dramas are made outside of the BBC. Probably the News content but that's getting trivialised and is almost like children's Newsround was a couple of decades ago.

Best thing I'm watching on BBC is What we do in the Shadows, but again, not the BBC's own work, an American import.

The BBC gets nearly £4 billion every year from us..

The BBC gets nearly £4 billion every year from us..[/QUOTE]

TV advertising revenue was £5.11 billion last year, all paid for by us. I know what’s the better deal, it’s definitely the licence fee.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd suggest that most of 'everything the BBC produces' is utter rubbish. Most documentaries/factuals/dramas are made outside of the BBC. Probably the News content but that's getting trivialised and is almost like children's Newsround was a couple of decades ago.

Best thing I'm watching on BBC is What we do in the Shadows, but again, not the BBC's own work, an American import.

You probably will find most of it to be rubbish, because the BBC will cater for areas of small interest as well as general interest. I find absolutely everything on ITV to be rubbish because it only goes for a broad range.

So yeah, I agree that most stuff on the BBC is rubbish but it's worth it for the few things that I do really like that would never get made by other channels.

Sweden recently did away with its license fee and put a few more pennies on the tax.
    Much better imo

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

They don't get any of this for free though, do they? It has to be paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That is disgusting.

What you and Alwaysaway do with each other is surely a private matter ?
    You get top marks for that one, Jimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why do you think they are the big stories? Perhaps because they are the things that interest you. others may disagree on your big story choice.
    In fact others may be totally bored with them.
    - Who will be the next MP?
    - Who will be the next Prime Minister?

Small and boring news stories?

At least our money is being put to good use..