+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The BBC licence fee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The BBC licence fee

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd suggest that most of 'everything the BBC produces' is utter rubbish. Most documentaries/factuals/dramas are made outside of the BBC. Probably the News content but that's getting trivialised and is almost like children's Newsround was a couple of decades ago.

Best thing I'm watching on BBC is What we do in the Shadows, but again, not the BBC's own work, an American import.

The BBC gets nearly £4 billion every year from us..
    You probably will find most of it to be rubbish, because the BBC will cater for areas of small interest as well as general interest. I find absolutely everything on ITV to be rubbish because it only goes for a broad range.

So yeah, I agree that most stuff on the BBC is rubbish but it's worth it for the few things that I do really like that would never get made by other channels.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You probably will find most of it to be rubbish, because the BBC will cater for areas of small interest as well as general interest. I find absolutely everything on ITV to be rubbish because it only goes for a broad range.

So yeah, I agree that most stuff on the BBC is rubbish but it's worth it for the few things that I do really like that would never get made by other channels.
    True. Probably watch more BBC 4 than any other channel - except sports channels..

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why do you even bother watching terrestrial television? I've avoided it for many years and don't miss any of it.