+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: M4 Relief Road in Newport....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: M4 Relief Road in Newport....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Tories hate us as we don't vote for them, so lets prey we get a JC government , and hope he likes us ??.

Tell you who did like us , and funded us, it was Europe , they provided so many worthwhile rejuvenating projects over the years , sadly we don't like them ,well we did like the money , just not them .
    er, and where did they get 'the money' from ? You weren't serious - were you ??

I was in Edinburgh and one of the signs at the castle made the point that during the Georgian times clever development of the city has had a lasting positive effect and has left modern day Scots with a rich (architecturally) capital. As much as I love Cardiff I have to question whether this period, the last 2 years or so, will be remembered in the same vein. It seems that all we get is ugly "student" accommodation and new office blocks right in the centre where it's very difficult to get to when instead, yes, we should be investing in public transport and spreading out the things people need to travel to. We seem to slowly be getting better trains but I'd argue we need a larger central train station, although difficult, more than we need a new road, especially if it's not the right road.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I was in Edinburgh and one of the signs at the castle made the point that during the Georgian times clever development of the city has had a lasting positive effect and has left modern day Scots with a rich (architecturally) capital. As much as I love Cardiff I have to question whether this period, the last 2 years or so, will be remembered in the same vein. It seems that all we get is ugly "student" accommodation and new office blocks right in the centre where it's very difficult to get to when instead, yes, we should be investing in public transport and spreading out the things people need to travel to. We seem to slowly be getting better trains but I'd argue we need a larger central train station, although difficult, more than we need a new road, especially if it's not the right road.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    er, and where did they get 'the money' from ? You weren't serious - were you ??
    According to my tax notice I paid £79 in European funding last year. That's just over 21p a day. Starngely enough, the EU's investment in Wales last year was - £79 per person. So I paid 21p a day to be invested in Wales. Well worth it. Compare that with the investment in Wales from Westminster last year - Rail Electrification (Canceled), Swansea Barage (Refused) . But Welsh taxes spent on Cross Rai and HS2 which will bring huge economic benefits to Wales (not).