My local workman's was like a suburb of Liverpool

Re: The plastics were out in force saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    My local workman's was like a suburb of Liverpool
    Probably be empty on Saturday

The Albany was like The Sandon

Same here in the West Country. Locals describing Liverpool and Man Utd as 'we'..................

Let them have their moment. Deep down they know they'll never have the same connection as someone supporting their local club

Barry was red.

Bit of a pisser that Spurs did Man City (although fair play to them), would have been marvellous if Man City had overcome Ajax then in the semi and absolutely battered Liverpool in the final. Would have been wonderful to see the South Wales phoneys squirming. And when I say ‘battered’ I mean battered, played off the park and goals raining in. Trouble is a few of us like minded lot may have got a bit of bother, how would we have kept our traps shut? 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Let them have their moment. Deep down they know they'll never have the same connection as someone supporting their local club

It's easy to "support" a successful club.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Barry was red.
    Fighting red blood??

If SW wasn’t so plastic we’d have club sides that’d rival Celtic/Rangers. It’s madness that there are tens of thousands of football fans (if not more) that are completely uninterested in their local team.

People go on about the egg chasing fans but these people are much more despicable. And I’m not saying this because I’m a City fan. I think it’s equally as reprehensible for people from the Swansea/Newport/Wrexham/Carmarthen/Bangor area.

We are just a nation of tabloid-lead sheep.

Plenty wandering round Penarth in their Standard Chartered tops before the game trying to convince themselves they are scousers, bless.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Fighting red blood??
    If Spurs had scored it might have been. A large group of us had gathered in the middle of the pub surrounded by red. Even though none of us knew each other it felt like we all wanted Spurs to score 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    If SW wasn’t so plastic we’d have club sides that’d rival Celtic/Rangers. It’s madness that there are tens of thousands of football fans (if not more) that are completely uninterested in their local team.

People go on about the egg chasing fans but these people are much more despicable. And I’m not saying this because I’m a City fan. I think it’s equally as reprehensible for people from the Swansea/Newport/Wrexham/Carmarthen/Bangor area.

We are just a nation of tabloid-lead sheep.
    Is City the very nearest team to you of any description?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is City the very nearest team to you of any description?
    Nah. Pretty far away but I was brought up in Hengoed and my olds are from Cardiff/Caerffili/Abertridwr .... so I’m eligible I think.

On a side note, I know a fair few people who “converted” in their late teens to the Jacks or City due to upbringing/residential situation....which I am totally down with.

I just think that if you are into watching Lpool live tv in a pub in Merthyr, you’re football experience would be somewhat enhances bu watching CCFC or Swansea play live. Now that I think of it though, maybe it’s a social thing. I don’t remember many of my school friends in the Valleys being City supporters. Maybe it’s an acquired taste that most people don’t grow into and aren’t encouraged to do.