+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cricket World Cup

Cricket World Cup

Can’t get it over here.... anyone got a stream?

Re: Cricket World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Can’t get it over here.... anyone got a stream?
    Assume you're not in Canton

Can't help you with a stream but have you thought of acquiring a vpn? Assuming you (or someone else) have Sky You can access it. Alternatively via Sky Go (allowed up to 3 consoles I believe).

Really good game going on ATM with England needing a record run chase, look like they are going to do it. Root just got himself out after getting his ton (the first of the WC) and it looked like Pakistan were right back in it.

England have led a charmed life in their innings with the ball either being in the air and finding space or being dropped.

Still in the balance with England slight favourites as long as Buttler (93 no) is still there. Haven't enjoyed a one dayer like this for a while.

Buttler 100 (fastest England ton in WC history (75 balls).. out next ball!

Massive swing now to Pakistan.

Afghanistan are playing in a game in sleepy old Taunton this weekend. Pakistan appearing here too. Who would have thunk it?

Too much talk about scoring 500 in an innings by England, but they've now lost two out of three and important players like Bairstow, Rashid and Moeen (as a batsman) are not producing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Too much talk about scoring 500 in an innings by England, but they've now lost two out of three and important players like Bairstow, Rashid and Moeen (as a batsman) are not producing at the moment.
    Thought they’d won one & lost one Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Thought they’d won one & lost one Paul.
    They were beaten by Australia in one of the warm up games, but I'd forgotten that they beat Afghanistan after that, so it's two defeats in four.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They were beaten by Australia in one of the warm up games, but I'd forgotten that they beat Afghanistan after that, so it's two defeats in four.
    I’d imagine the warm ups are largely forgotten now. All about the tournament in hand I’d imagine.

England underperformed in the field and were sloppy.
    Perhaps the fact that being cup favourites, getting number one in the world and winning their first match easily went to their heads a bit and thought they could just turn up, especially after Pakistan had been mullered by the WI.

Root and Buttler were outstanding with the bat though and I wouldn't be too worried if I were them but they certainly can't be complacent.
    Concur with Bob that Moeen Ali especially looks well out of sorts with the bat.

Cracking game today.

Pakistan are always capable of pulling out that kind of performance, even when they're in a shocking run of form.
    That said England should probably still have won

Couple of good games yesterday and a good game the day before yesterday.

India v Afghanistan was utterly enthralling

After losing twice already from chasing, why did England win the toss and put Australia in to bat??

Catastrophe, Vince is not cut out for international cricket, Morgan averaging 25 in World Cup cricket is embarrassing.
    Just as I type Bairstow goes.. 53-4, fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    After losing twice already from chasing, why did England win the toss and put Australia in to bat??

Catastrophe, Vince is not cut out for international cricket, Morgan averaging 25 in World Cup cricket is embarrassing.
    Just as I type Bairstow goes.. 53-4, fabulous.
    Because the pitch had been covered and it was wet. Australia would have bowled as well. Its a bit simplistic blaming the toss, the players simply havent used the conditions well.

They simply had to bat first and set a big total, wet conditions or not, Vince, Root, Morgan, all looked scared to bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    They simply had to bat first and set a big total, wet conditions or not, Vince, Root, Morgan, all looked scared to bat.
    You would have had the Australian bowlers who have bowled better, in better conditions. It was the right decision but the wrong execution. They bowled too short early on.

They simply had to bat first and set a big total, wet conditions or not, Vince, Root, Morgan, all looked scared to bat this afternoon with the chase ahead of them

Sorry but had the conditions to get early wickets but wasted them trying to be macho and bowl fast and short!
    Not sure why Vince is still getting chances ?

No#1 team going into tournament but have looked anything but when put under pressure in this tournament....looks like they need to beat NZ and or India