+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ross McCormack is to leave the Villa after signing a variation agreement.

Re: Ross McCormack is to leave the Villa after signing a variation agreement.

I've found out what a variation agreement is.

If McCormack was on the alleged £70k / week, with 12 months left on his contract that £3,640,000.

If he now gets a contract for the next 12 months (= remainder of Villa contract) with another club at say £20k / week, Villa will pay the difference in his salary, i.e. £50k / week.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I've found out what a variation agreement is.

If McCormack was on the alleged £70k / week, with 12 months left on his contract that £3,640,000.

If he now gets a contract for the next 12 months (= remainder of Villa contract) with another club at say £20k / week, Villa will pay the difference in his salary, i.e. £50k / week.
    So he should approach a club and ask for 10k in the first year and 30k in the second, instead of 20k for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Of our managers since then, we've mostly played one particular way as well.
    Under malky and Warnock we are/were more likely to get something out if a game when the other team were on top, but I don't put that down to any great tactical flexibility on their part, more just a greater resilience in the team.
    Resilience is definitely one thing we developed under Malky and have had in abundance with Warnock. While I'm not suggesting that either are tactical genuises, both had a bit more flexibility when selecting a team, based on the opposition - Warnock especially. It's a shame, as I reckon the side that lost to Blackpool would have stayed in the Premier League and is, for me, just about the best starting XI I think we've had in a generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    So he should approach a club and ask for 10k in the first year and 30k in the second, instead of 20k for 2 years
    He has no incentive to go looking for money, as he can't top his wages. So he can go and play for someone that he really wants to for a season. I think that's the best bet for him too, I don't think anyone will touch him currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just to p!ss Villa fans off he's just received a promotion bonus as well!
    Deserved every penny , I heard and he has put it to a better unlocking mechanism of his gates. (at least he's trying )