Firstly not my opinion but just putting the question out there!

In general, I am of the opinion that its the hooligans (or at least wannabbee's) that used to create the atmosphere at many stadiums. Indeed, if you analyse the noise at grounds, it tends to generate from the "boys" ends.

Is it a fluke that the banning orders & general discouragement of these individuals have coincided with a distinct lack of atmosphere, especially at newer grounds?

Look at Selhurst Park, Anfield , Celtic Park - grounds that can sound great when in full flow...... the songs are resonating from one end of the ground.

I ask this question not because I particularly miss the violence & fear but it seems to have an effect on the memories of many fans. Just last week, I had lengthy chats to 2 proper, law abiding fans, 1 a derby fan, the other, a Shrewsbury fan. We talked about our memories following our respective Clubs and most of the talk was our scrapes/lucky escapes at dodgy places ie "I remember going to Millwall one year etc"

So, should we welcome the thugs back or is football now how we used to view a rugby experience?