+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dave Jones - Sam Hammam sacked me three times within a month.

Dave Jones - Sam Hammam sacked me three times within a month.

Re: Dave Jones - Sam Hammam sacked me three times within a month.

Yes Dave Bothroyd got injured and you brought on Kelvin Etuhu and not Ross McCormack.

Of course it was deflating. Your big man little man front 2 and 442 tactics were completely exposed again.

No mention of Ramsey our best young player in a generation gettting little game time the Preston massacre. The disaster of the home defeat by Ipswich and sorry that Boro game you cant right off as down to individuals. You were the manager.

Its no coincidence we have gone up since. Simply weve had far better managers

Oh and again the myth about working with little money. No you spent your fair share Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes Dave Bothroyd got injured and you brought on Kelvin Etuhu and not Ross McCormack.

Of course it was deflating. Your big man little man front 2 and 442 tactics were completely exposed again.

No mention of Ramsey our best young player in a generation gettting little game time the Preston massacre. The disaster of the home defeat by Ipswich and sorry that Boro game you cant right off as down to individuals. You were the manager.

Oh and again the myth about working with little money. No you spent your fair share Dave.

I always thought it was Jay Bothroyd, not Dave !!!!

I thought Jones was an absolutely horrendous manager, who was lucky enough to have good contacts within the game. We had some very good players during his time here, but I always got the feeling he just picked 11 and sent them out, seemed to be very little indication of tactics or a plan. I suppose his method worked to a large degree, bringing in the likes of koumas, Chopra, bothroyd that other managers wouldn't have wanted to work with. But with the quality we had, we should have achieved so much more

Football was more attactive

I always liked Jones, he did wonders with free transfers and signed players we later sold for good money to keep the club alive, like Loovens and Chopra. And no-one can deny we played some excellent football under his reign, something we've not seen since. We haven't had decent goalscorers since then either, Chopra, Bothroyd and Whittingham were banging them in, and McCormack too. Top scorers since have been Helgusson, Mutch with 7, Jones, Zohore, and last season Camarasa and Reid with 5. We concede a lot with a decent keeper and defence but we scored loads too.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I always liked Jones, he did wonders with free transfers and signed players we later sold for good money to keep the club alive, like Loovens and Chopra. And no-one can deny we played some excellent football under his reign, something we've not seen since. We haven't had decent goalscorers since then either, Chopra, Bothroyd and Whittingham were banging them in, and McCormack too. Top scorers since have been Helgusson, Mutch with 7, Jones, Zohore, and last season Camarasa and Reid with 5. We concede a lot with a decent keeper and defence but we scored loads too.
    Best manager we had that I can remember (Frank O’Farrell being the first). Best collection of attacking players we’ve arguably ever had. Loved watching that side play when they were on it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Everybody knows he has always been known as Jay "Call me Dave" Boothroid!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Best manager we had that I can remember (Frank O’Farrell being the first). Best collection of attacking players we’ve arguably ever had. Loved watching that side play when they were on it
    Jones was an excellent Manager, he would have got promotion under Tan. Sam never spent any of his own money, just borrowed it from himself and must have been a nightmare to have as a boss! Thank God Tan paid him off!!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Yes good days, I will always love Scoular though ,its in my bones to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Jones was an excellent Manager, he would have got promotion under Tan. Sam never spent any of his own money, just borrowed it from himself and must have been a nightmare to have as a boss! Thank God Tan paid him off!!
    He wouldnt have got us promotion under Man Citys owners let alone Tan.

Malky was left with a small squad got us to the play offs then the Championship.

Performed a miracle after the mess Jones left us in.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Best owner for some so called fans who put ice creams before the clubs well being..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Best owner for some so called fans who put ice creams before the clubs well being..
    Mr Whippy alright

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Definitely a need for one of BLUETIT's commas after Dave.