+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liverpool make "official enquiry" for Etheridge.

Re: Liverpool make "official enquiry" for Etheridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Che Adams will cost about £10m. Cunningham and Bacuna are going to be good squad players next year as well. We've already got a £10-15m budget, so if we can double that it wouldn't be a complete disaster. Also, everyone knows we overpaid for Madine but he was their best player on a long term deal, and the transfer fee was heavily dependent on us getting up.
    I think Che Adams will go.for a lot more than 10m

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Is the team the player goes to really relevant?
    Yes. You could even argue that not selling Etheridge to Liverpool, assuming that he wants to go, sends the wrong message and would deter other players from signing from us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Yes. You could even argue that not selling Etheridge to Liverpool, assuming that he wants to go, sends the wrong message and would deter other players from signing from us.
    I'm not suggesting stopping a player from bettering themselves, no point in keeping an unhappy player anyway.
    Sure everyone has their price and as I've said Etheridge's should be a high one, but a team with ambition doesn't go selling their best players.

Where I was coming from was if I was a player who was in contract talks with the club (hopefully there will be a few over the comimg weeks) and they started selling up, I'd have to question that club's ambition.
    It would also be deflating to the existing players, players who want to win things.

I can only see a financial benefit by selling ones better players but a fan will not benefit, a fan wants to watch good players perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think Che Adams will go.for a lot more than 10m
    Southampton have started the bidding at £8m (allegedly) and Birmingham are going to under transfer restrictions if they turn down a "reasonable" bid as they did in January. The EFL were really, really angry about that.

I'm not suggesting stopping a player from bettering themselves, no point in keeping an unhappy player anyway.
    Sure everyone has their price and as I've said Etheridge's should be a high one, but a team with ambition doesn't go selling their best players.

Where I was coming from was if I was a player who was in contract talks with the club (hopefully there will be a few over the comimg weeks) and they started selling up, I'd have to question that club's ambition.
    It would also be deflating to the existing players, players who want to win things.

I can only see a financial benefit by selling ones better players but a fan will not benefit, a fan wants to watch good players perform.
    I think that in the Championship you can still afford to have a reasonably solid keeper and get away with it. I think I'd prefer to sell Etheridge for 18 million and be able to get three quality championship players than selling mendez-laing for 5 million to Leeds or something. like that.

It depends how you spend. Not just how you sell.

^^this makes perfect sense.... Divock Origi please
    You're joking right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You're joking right ?
    You're joking about me joking right?

I don't know who's joking or not but the guy who just scored the winner in the semi finals and final of the Champs League isn't going on loan to the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't know who's joking or not but the guy who just scored the winner in the semi finals and final of the Champs League isn't going on loan to the Championship
    Well I think most will know what I meant by my original statement but I'm with you on not knowing what DW was trying to say.
    Was he a) thinking the same as you or possibly b) doesnt think the guy is up it

I love these posts which consist of just a single statement with no substance, usually something provocative or all knowing.
    There are a few on here who are past masters of the art

Well I think most will know what I meant by my original statement but I'm with you on not knowing what DW was trying to say.
    Was he a) thinking the same as you or possibly b) doesnt think the guy is up it

I love these posts which consist of just a single statement with no substance, usually something provocative or all knowing.
    There are a few on here who are past masters of the art
    I'm pretty sure he was making sure you were joking about the guy who just scored the winner in the semi finals and final of the Champs League going on loan to the Championship, because it will never happen. And I agree with him!

Are you joking about him joking about you joking?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was making sure you were joking about the guy who just scored the winner in the semi finals and final of the Champs League going on loan to the Championship, because it will never happen. And I agree with him!
    So do I

On another note, it's not happening

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/med...ransfer-update