+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Theres a couple of fake City accounts on twitter

Theres a couple of fake City accounts on twitter

So Ive been told

Re: Theres a couple of fake City accounts on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    So Ive been told
    Did Trump call out the fake ones, he's good at that ?

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    real.jpg
    real one theres some low lifes around

13 followers v 315k followers

I tend to rely on the little blue tick.

The club should have it pulled as both a trade mark infringement and a copyright infringement. However, the club always seems clueless regarding such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The club should have it pulled as both a trade mark infringement and a copyright infringement. However, the club always seems clueless regarding such things.
    Too much hassle. Like CCFC is copyright of Coventry City.

Cost more in staff to deal with us than any damages gained.

I don't think it's worth the effort, particularly for someone with only 13 followers. Loads of people use their club's logo as their profile picture.

And if a club did start pursuing it, you can guarantee that some rival fans would churn out fake accounts to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    Too much hassle. Like CCFC is copyright of Coventry City.

Cost more in staff to deal with us than any damages gained.
    CCFC is not so much copyright as a trade mark. And it's not about damages, it's about sending an email to Twitter, pointing them to one's TM documentation online and getting the thing pulled. Just the cost of a stamp on the email

So we're signing Lewis Holtby? Good signing. Hope it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I don't think it's worth the effort, particularly for someone with only 13 followers. Loads of people use their club's logo as their profile picture.

And if a club did start pursuing it, you can guarantee that some rival fans would churn out fake accounts to troll.
    It's the sort of thing I got involved with myself over a period of years. Minimal effort involved. On the other hand, if a TM owner takes no action, such infringement may proliferate as word gets around that no action is ever taken. It doesn't tend to work the other way around.

It's the sort of thing I got involved with myself over a period of years. Minimal effort involved. On the other hand, if a TM owner takes no action, such infringement may proliferate as word gets around that no action is ever taken. It doesn't tend to work the other way around.
    How many cases of Twitter infringement?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How many cases of Twitter infringement?
    None on Twitter but there is a link that is easy to find: https://help.twitter.com/forms/dmca

Found many copyright infringements all over the net and often contacted ISPs, which usually worked if all else failed.
    eBay used to operate (and probably still does) what they call the Vero system, by which copyright owners only need to submit their evidence once and are kept on record so that, after the first infringement, the copyright owner can report stuff without much ado thereafter.

An article on the BBC website contains a couple of major errors, albeit lifted from reported speech:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/48552886

"Brady has now insisted he wants to patent the name not because he likes it and wants to emblazon it on T-shirts or mugs - but because he actively dislikes it."

Patents cover inventions and not slogans. It would be a Trade Marks registration.

"I don't like the nickname. I was trying to keep people from using it, because some people wanted to," he explained.

Trade Marks can be registered in advance of goods and services being marketed but they become invalid if not used.