+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Portugal v Swiss. VARtastic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Portugal v Swiss. VARtastic

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    1. Nobody in the ground has any clue what's going on
    2. You score, you go nuts. It's the best feeling in the world. VAR check, flat as a pancake. The goal is confirmed and you're like, oh right... great.

It is solely for TV. Also how far do you want to go back? Where do you stop? It's ruined rugby league and union too.
    So you don't lose anything, you still get the best feeling in the world, then get a bonus "oh great"

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So you don't lose anything, you still get the best feeling in the world, then get a bonus "oh great"
    But you'll lose that feeling of euphoria because you have to check it. It's like cricket, you get the LBW and then you have to see if its out on DRS.

But you'll lose that feeling of euphoria because you have to check it. It's like cricket, you get the LBW and then you have to see if its out on DRS.
    If it was for every goal I'd understand but it's going to be once in a blue moon so I don't really get why people are so up in arms about it

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If it was for every goal I'd understand but it's going to be once in a blue moon so I don't really get why people are so up in arms about it
    But it isn't once in a blue moon, is it? It's used all the time.

According to this article
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42781236

In the 804 matches there were 3,947 checks for possible reviewable incidents. That's basically 5 VAR decisions every game.

But it isn't once in a blue moon, is it? It's used all the time.

According to this article
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42781236

In the 804 matches there were 3,947 checks for possible reviewable incidents. That's basically 5 VAR decisions every game.
    There's no way in a million years there'll be 5 VAR decisions in an average football league game