+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portugal v Swiss. VARtastic

Re: Portugal v Swiss. VARtastic

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    But it isn't once in a blue moon, is it? It's used all the time.

According to this article
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42781236

In the 804 matches there were 3,947 checks for possible reviewable incidents. That's basically 5 VAR decisions every game.
    There's no way in a million years there'll be 5 VAR decisions in an average football league game

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You’ve opened a can of worms here.

What if a Portuguese player would have been brought down, when through on goal. Red card offence, would the red card be rescinded????

What constitutes the ball is not in play !!!
    Not really. Just take a poll on social media as to whether Portugal should get a penalty too. Or the defender a red card or whatever. Sky subscribers’ votes count double.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There's no way in a million years there'll be 5 VAR decisions in an average football league game
    I will definitely bet you that there will be 5 VAR decisions in a game of football in the next million years

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    VAR is going to kill the game. It's an absolute farce.
    A VARce perhaps.

So, a player can make a thigh high tackle, jabbing his studs into another players leg, but he’s not sent off because they’re going back 60 seconds for a supposed pelanty offence !!
    Does it matter CR7 would have sorted it.

So, a player can make a thigh high tackle, jabbing his studs into another players leg, but he’s not sent off because they’re going back 60 seconds for a supposed pelanty offence !!
    But that's a different situation. The other example was denying a goal scoring opportunity. This is dangerous or violent play so yeah I would guess the red card would be given, just as it would if someone was punched while waiting for a corner to be taken and the ball is out of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I will definitely bet you that there will be 5 VAR decisions in a game of football in the next million years
    I doubt they'll even be playing football, as we know it, in a million years time.