+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Insomnia

Insomnia

Seems to be growing, never had it thank God fall asleep in seconds, but I do wake up after about 5 to 6 hours, I expect thats all the sleep I really need, but I grab another hour or two.

Is about six or seven hours enough, I struggle to say in bed for the recommended eight?

Re: Insomnia

I only sleep for about 4 or 5 hours a night.

We seem to need less sleep as we get older.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Seems to be growing, never had it thank God fall asleep in seconds, but I do wake up after about 5 to 6 hours, I expect thats all the sleep I really need, but I grab another hour or two.

Is about six or seven hours enough, I struggle to say in bed for the recommended eight?
    That is not insomnia

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That is not insomnia
    I know I said I've never had it thank God!

I bet lots of people who post here have though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    I know I said I've never had it thank God!

I bet lots of people who post here have though!
    People with insomnia absolutely love hearing from others who have no problems dropping off.

I used to lie in bed all night worrying about my insomnia.

After over 30 years of shift work and being on call, I rarely wake later than 5.30am, rarely have a good sound sleep and never go to bed before midnight.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I sleep like a baby

Wake everyone every two hours crying

I sleep like a log .

Wake up every morning in the fireplace

I cannot remember the last time that I had a night where my alarm going off was the first time I'd woken.
    I always wake up during the night and when I do take ages to get back to sleep (if I do that is)
    Quite often I'll be awake and get up as I think there's no point me going back to sleep. Monday this week I woke at 3.15, couldn't get back to sleep so got up at 5. Had a nice quiet hour or so downstairs before the rest of the house started to surface about 630.

I find cracking one off to be helpful in getting me to sleep, though it's not always appreciated by other passengers on the train

I've had major problems sleeping for 20 years, both getting to sleep and staying asleep. It's debilitating and it's not really taken seriously, certainly not by employers and often not even by medical professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I've had major problems sleeping for 20 years, both getting to sleep and staying asleep. It's debilitating and it's not really taken seriously, certainly not by employers and often not even by medical professionals.
    I feel for you, and agree you only have to see the responses above!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I find cracking one off to be helpful in getting me to sleep, though it's not always appreciated by other passengers on the train

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    After over 30 years of shift work and being on call, I rarely wake later than 5.30am, rarely have a good sound sleep and never go to bed before midnight.
    Fireman?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    How many times have you tried it? What's the closest you got? 12 years? 15 years? 18 1/2?