+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dan James to Man Utd?

Dan James to Man Utd?

Re: Dan James to Man Utd?

Good luck to the lad but I don't know how much he'll play there

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Good luck to the lad but I don't know how much he'll play there
    I'm not too sure about that. Any other top six side then I'd agree his chances might be limited but MU are a club in crisis and it needs an overhaul.

Good luck to the lad

Another James - Rodriguez looks like he is leaving Bayern, can see him going to someone like man u or Spurs if they lose Eikson

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Another James - Rodriguez looks like he is leaving Bayern, can see him going to someone like man u or Spurs if they lose Eikson
    Napoli, apparently. Ancelotti is manager, and he played his best football under him at Real.

Wouldn't he be the first Welsh International for Man Utd since Giggsy? Although, I understand Dan James is from Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Napoli, apparently. Ancelotti is manager, and he played his best football under him at Real.
    Could see him being a makeweight in a pogba to Madrid deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Shows how profitable a well run Cat 1 Academy is at developing young players, reported fee of £18m. It’s imperative that we get a Cat 1 Academy up and running ASAP to find the next Bale or Ramsey?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Wouldn't he be the first Welsh International for Man Utd since Giggsy? Although, I understand Dan James is from Yorkshire.
    Tom Lawrence was the last. His debut was handed to him by Giggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Shows how profitable a well run Cat 1 Academy is at developing young players, reported fee of £18m. It’s imperative that we get a Cat 1 Academy up and running ASAP to find the next Bale or Ramsey?
    Shows how well signing a player from Hull at 17 and sticking him in the U23s.

Good job our academy didn't produce Matondo and Ramsey then, isn't it.

In all seriousness, it would be great to get a Cat 1 academy but the top clubs are still going to hoover up the players one way or another.

Hull only get 5% of a sell on - that's mighty good business by the jacks - will depend on where the money goes however...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Hull only get 5% of a sell on - that's mighty good business by the jacks - will depend on where the money goes however...
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say... not on new players

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Good job our academy didn't produce Matondo and Ramsey then, isn't it.

In all seriousness, it would be great to get a Cat 1 academy but the top clubs are still going to hoover up the players one way or another.
    My understanding is you can’t take a player from a Cat 1 Academy only a lower Academy so Man City could’ve pinched Matondo and we’d have pocketed 10m instead of 400k? And Ramsey was our last top class Academy player and that was about 12 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Shows how well signing a player from Hull at 17 and sticking him in the U23s.
    Agreed that’s what we did with Ralls but he’s been the only success we’ve had in the last 12years! We need a better team of scouts?

Agreed that’s what we did with Ralls but he’s been the only success we’ve had in the last 12years! We need a better team of scouts?
    Is he even an academy player of ours

Or even girl guides.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Good luck to him, he has my total respect. Turning up for Wales and giving his all after what he's just been through couldn't have been easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Good luck to him, he has my total respect. Turning up for Wales and giving his all after what he's just been through couldn't have been easy.
    Yeah must be a strange time for him. Signing for a massive club but his dad not being there to see it, heartbreaking. Hope he smashes it at Man Utd

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah must be a strange time for him. Signing for a massive club but his dad not being there to see it, heartbreaking. Hope he smashes it at Man Utd
    I totally agree

Yes Joe Ralls joined our Academy from Farnborough as a teenager for a pittance but unlike James he hasn’t got a Welsh father from Aberdare so can’t play for Wales.

I still have doubts over Ole but hopefully it really works out.