+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump protests

Trump protests

Was it right to protest about Trumps visit, when the 75th anniversary of D-Day was taking place?
    You could say that the veterans fought for freedom and the right to protest, but I feel this protest was at the wrong time.

Re: Trump protests

In the end the protests were nothing short of embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    In the end the protests were nothing short of embarrassing.
    Usual rent a mob , left wing funded groups . Dont do socalism any good ,just feeds the Trump / Tory agenda, it's more a vote loser than a winner , for calmer folk .

Felt so proud of the NHS worker (who we fund ) calling some bloke "Nazi Scum " .

The new face of friendly socalism, just keeps on giving .

Was it right to distract from the D Day commemorations with a fawning state visit by the draft-dodging, serial lying, climate change denying, Nazi supporting current occupier of the office of US president?

No it wasn't.

That was what was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Was it right to distract from the D Day commemorations with a fawning state visit by the draft-dodging, serial lying, climate change denying, Nazi supporting current occupier of the office of US president?

No it wasn't.

Agreed Jon

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Usual rent a mob , left wing funded groups . Dont do socalism any good ,just feeds the Trump / Tory agenda, it's more a vote loser than a winner , for calmer folk .

Felt so proud of the NHS worker (who we fund ) calling some bloke "Nazi Scum " .

You are going to need to admit it soon...

No it wasn't.

That wasn't the question though was it?

No it wasn't.

Well said

No it wasn't.

We'll put comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Was it right to protest about Trumps visit, when the 75th anniversary of D-Day was taking place?
    Did this happen? I thought Trump was in France yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes it did happen. There were sporadic protests all over the UK, whilst the majority of people were taking a few days to remember the fallen.

No it wasn't.

So the American President who attended the commemorative ceremonies to honour the tens of thousands of Americans who died in WW2 was wrong to attend and it was right for the protesters to distract from the proceedings. Really? The country should have been respectful of the office and not necessarily the man.

Not only that we find that Corbyn who spent days snubbing the President actually asked for a meeting with Trump and was rejected. Now that was not only embarrassing it was both cringeworthy and hypocritical.

look at the state of our country, and we protest about how he chooses to run his?

You could say that the veterans fought for freedom and the right to protest, but I feel this protest was at the wrong time.
    Is it right for a man who used his daddy's millions to avoid conscription and referred to a decorated Vietnam War Hero as a coward because he was a prisoner of war, to lead such a memorial?

Yes it did happen. There were sporadic protests all over the UK, whilst the majority of people were taking a few days to remember the fallen.
    But there were no protests yesterday on the 75th anniversary of D-Day as you initially suggested, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    That wasn't the question though was it?
    Nope another goalpost moved

Keep the goalpost in place

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You are going to need to admit it soon...
    If there was a party who represented my views , I could admit so much more . 👍

No it wasn't.

Exactly.

And as for this prick, words fail me. Talk about not getting it

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/...93050916347906

I’ve the greatest respect for the lads who go to war, great admiration for the courage and acceptance by them that days like D-Day had to be done. Can’t recall remembrance events like we’ve had in the recent years for WW1 & WW2 though. I was in school in 1969, the 25th anniversary of D-Day, still fresh in the mind of many older people then but I can’t recall any specific mention of it. Also the various other landmark years up until a few years ago weren’t really recognised. Perhaps because so many were still alive who took part wouldn’t have wanted to be taken back to what was most probably the most horrific time of their lives. Would hate to think it’s a political point scoring thing rather than a true tribute, this last week has, sadly, been as much about Trump as it has about the landings, he’s revelling in it.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Exactly.

And as for this prick, words fail me. Talk about not getting it

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/...93050916347906

The comments under that tweet nail it!

If there was a party who represented my views , I could admit so much more . 👍
    Unrealistic expectation when they change every day

Who do you think is funding these groups then?

But there were no protests yesterday on the 75th anniversary of D-Day as you initially suggested, correct?
    Incorrect. I didn’t say there were protests yesterday if you read my post again. The protests were the day before when he was here. My point was, his visit was all part f the 75th anniversary, which was spread over a few days and imo it wasn't the time for protests.
    Only my opinion though.
    Last edited by William Treseder; 07-06-19 at 09:27. Reason: Speling

When I was younger, there were people who lived through the war who would say that one of the things they fought for was to preserve the freedom of the right to protest.

When did that line of thinking change?