+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump protests

Re: Trump protests

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Incorrect. I didn’t say there were protests yesterday if you read my post again. The protests were the day before when he was here. My point was, his visit was all part f the 75th anniversary, which was spread over a few days and imo it wasn't the time for protests.
    Trump was in the UK from 3 to 5 June for a state visit.

The 75th anniversary of D-Day Landings was 6 June. Trump was in France for that, along with a variety of other world leaders.

I'm not being pedantic here. Indeed, on the contrary, you're being disingenuous by claiming was Trump was in the UK for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings when he so obviously wasn't.

Do I think it would have been appropriate for anti-Trump protests to have taken place if he had been here on the 75th anniversary of D-Day? No, I do not. Do I think it was appropriate for anti-Trump protests to have taken place while he was here for a state visit at the expense of the UK tax-payers? Absolutely, 100%.

Massive amounts of insincere shite piled up in this thread.

Nobody but nobody will give a flying feck about marking the 76th anniversary of D-Day next year just as nobody but nobody gave a flying feck about marking the 74th anniversary of D-Day last year. The next time someone, anyone, will give two fecking hoots about remembering D-Day will be in 2024 for the 80th anniversary, and as with this year the only reason they'll care - or more accurately, pretend to care, mostly for appearance's sake - will be because the goggle box and other elements of corporate media will shove it down their necks.

When Macron spoke to Trump about hotel facilities in France Trump probably thought that 'bidet' was two days before 'D-Day'.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Dont be naive. Trump was only here to meet the queen. He doesn't give a shit about D-day. At the WWI memorial he stayed inside because it was raining.
    The weird morons protesting clearly didn't give a sh!t about D-day.

QED.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Trump was in the UK from 3 to 5 June for a state visit.

The 75th anniversary of D-Day Landings was 6 June. Trump was in France for that, along with a variety of other world leaders.

I'm not being pedantic here. Indeed, on the contrary, you're being disingenuous by claiming was Trump was in the UK for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings when he so obviously wasn't.

Do I think it would have been appropriate for anti-Trump protests to have taken place if he had been here on the 75th anniversary of D-Day? No, I do not. Do I think it was appropriate for anti-Trump protests to have taken place while he was here for a state visit at the expense of the UK tax-payers? Absolutely, 100%.
    Good. As in most threads on here, it’s all about opinions.👍

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Nobody but nobody will give a flying feck about marking the 76th anniversary of D-Day next year just as nobody but nobody gave a flying feck about marking the 74th anniversary of D-Day last year. The next time someone, anyone, will give two fecking hoots about remembering D-Day will be in 2024 for the 80th anniversary, and as with this year the only reason they'll care - or more accurately, pretend to care, mostly for appearance's sake - will be because the goggle box and other elements of corporate media will shove it down their necks.
    I think most of the veterans will mark it.

I’ve kind of learnt from the past that once you and Croesy get into full flow on a thread, it’s time to bow out. My point in the opening post was just my opinion. I think Trump is a tosser, but protests through the few days of the D-Day anniversary was in bad taste. Just my opinion.
    Just my opinion but if you post your opinion then others may give their opinions too so if you don't want to hear anyone elses opinion in addition to your own opinion then you should not click on the thread once you've told everyone your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    The weird morons protesting clearly didn't give a sh!t about D-day.

QED.
    Which days were they protesting? Which day was D-Day?

Just my opinion but if you post your opinion then others may give their opinions too so if you don't want to hear anyone elses opinion in addition to your own opinion then you should not click on the thread once you've told everyone your opinion.
    See. You just can’t help yourself can you? Obviously posters have different opinions, which is fine. Trouble is, you and Croesy are like a tag team trying to bore folk shitless. Your like a pair of pimples on someone’s arse. You don’t hurt, but you always know your there.

Which days were they protesting? Which day was D-Day?
    To help those who don't think there were protests coinciding with D Day perhaps the following will help reporting the anti Trump demonstrations at the D Day event at Southsea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-48527371

Dont be naive. Trump was only here to meet the queen. He doesn't give a shit about D-day. At the WWI memorial he stayed inside because it was raining.
    I have already corrected you regarding this particular piece of disinformation, so now you are outright lying!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I have already corrected you regarding this particular piece of disinformation, so now you are outright lying!

Lyings nothing new with old Lardy. He’s got form.

in terms of the original post I agree with William the wrong time to protest

Was just watching a video about Pino and this came up next in the play list

Alex Lifeson doing his DJT impression, I also think that Geddy Lee is a bit Bono looking

Heisenberg

I'd just like to add that I'm totally fine with protests against Trump happening during the remembrance of a time that our nation opposed a right wing regime. Some 'snowflakes' on here are obviously a bit precious about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Bollocks. D-Day is remembered every year. And will be, long after the last of the survivors are gone. It began the end of WWII, the most significant event in the whole of the 20th Century.

I said that in my opening post. But surely the last few days were to commemorate the 75th anniversary, and not to score political points.
    What do you mean political point scoring?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What do you mean political point scoring?
    What do you think it means? The DDay celebrations were to remember the fallen, not to protest about an American politician and his policies.

I don’t know I’m asking you.

I think the protests were more about our government cosying up to him rather than his policies weren’t they?

Do you think the people who shot Nazis would be upset about people exercising their right to free speech and freedom to protest against someone who has said things that support the far right on the same day as the “celebration”?

I don’t know I’m asking you.

I think the protests were more about our government cosying up to him rather than his policies weren’t they?

Do you think the people who shot Nazis would be upset about people exercising their right to free speech and freedom to protest against someone who has said things that support the far right on the same day as the “celebration”?
    It doesn’t really matter what I think does it? You’ll put me right.

I’m only asking you a question. I’m not having a go.

Why start a thread if you don’t want to discuss it?

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;4978680]I’m only asking you a question. I’m not having a go.

Why start a thread if you don’t want to discuss it
    What’s to discuss? I’ve posted my opinion on it. Others have posted theirs. You’re like a dog with a bone. You need to except that others have different opinions than you on certain topics. Just accept it and move on. You always appear to “infest” a thread, rather than contribute.

I’ve asked you 1 question how much more of a contribution can a person make? I’ve posted 3 times in a 3 page thread before this, you’ve posted 15.

Do you think it’s just it’s just that you don’t like different opinions?

I’ve asked you 1 question how much more of a contribution can a person make? I’ve posted 3 times in a 3 page thread before this, you’ve posted 15.

Do you think it’s just it’s just that you don’t like different opinions?
    No. It’s the fact that you just can’t accept a straight forward answer..

No. It’s the fact that you just can’t accept a straight forward answer..
    What straight forward answer have you given?

You think it’s bad that there was protests on the same day as the D day I don’t. I told you why I didn’t think it was bad, fair enough if you think it is I was just trying to get you to consider it from another point of view.