+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mendez-Lang

Mendez-Lang

Could NML solve our striking crises by playing upfront next season. He was power, pace, good in the air and is a good finisher. If we played 2 upfront the maybe play Murphy alongside him and Reid behind the pair.

What about Paterson and Petier as holding midfielders, nether would be bullied both solid in the tackle and good in the air, Reid would be the playmaker.

Why do we need a new right back as we currently have Richard, Bacuna and Coxe?

Re: Mendez-Lang

No

There are so many things wrong with this post

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this post
    Yup, difficult to know where to begin..

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Could NML solve our striking crises by playing upfront next season. He was power, pace, good in the air and is a good finisher. If we played 2 upfront the maybe play Murphy alongside him and Reid behind the pair.

What about Paterson and Petier as holding midfielders, nether would be bullied both solid in the tackle and good in the air, Reid would be the playmaker.

Ok then, I'll start - Peltier as a holding midfielder !!!

Did any of you watch the attacking build up for 95% of last season?
    There wasn't any.

Square pegs, round holes !!!!!

My favourite ridiculous lineup suggestion from this message board was a central midfield pairing of Darcy Blake and Kevin McNaughton back in the Dave Jones era when McPhail was in his pomp.

This comes close.

Why do you think Peltier would make a good defensive midfielder?

What have you seen in Paterson's play that makes you think he would? I doubt we'll ever see Bamba played there again either.

Is NML really 'good in the air'? I think I missed that.

However, I agree that (for the Championship) we do have options at right back - Peltier, Richards, Bacuna, Coxe - and that there may be alternative striker options in the squad. I haven't seen much evidence of NML being strong in the air, nor the ball control needed to play as a centre forward, but maybe he could adapt and show us something new. Blakey spent a lot of last season advocating Murphy as a makeshift striker (with Reid and/or Paterson behind) when he lost patience with Zohore.

Personally I hope we get a new striker in to compete with Zohore and Ward (moving Healey and Madine on) with Reid or Paterson behind supported by two out and out wingers. NML, Murphy, Hoilett and Harris (or A.N.Other) will do fine.

This forum can be brutal on times.

I for one agree. I rate nml and think he showed in last 5 games what we missed during the season. Don't understand the regular criticism of him. He's direct, quick can score goals and is good in the air imho. Good idea!

Lets put Morrison in goals while we're at it

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    I for one agree. I rate nml and think he showed in last 5 games what we missed during the season. Don't understand the regular criticism of him. He's direct, quick can score goals and is good in the air imho. Good idea!
    We've never seen him play centrally and looks at his best when running at players from deep and cutting in from the left wing. To apply those skills to a centre forward role wouldn't be as easy as it's being made out to be (imo).

NML is at his best with space to knock the ball into.

Striker no.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    My favourite ridiculous lineup suggestion from this message board was a central midfield pairing of Darcy Blake and Kevin McNaughton back in the Dave Jones era when McPhail was in his pomp.

This comes close.
    Dont remember that suggestion but to be fair our central midfield under Jones was a big weakness at times.

Not that Blake and Mcnaughton would have been the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We've never seen him play centrally and looks at his best when running at players from deep and cutting in from the left wing. To apply those skills to a centre forward role wouldn't be as easy as it's being made out to be (imo).
    Fair point. Not easy to adapt. But natural strengths to give it a good go and playing with bobby could bring out best in both. At least that way you could get those 2 and Murphy and junior in starting 11.

You've successfully discovered the one position that is totally unsuitable for Paterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

This comes close.
    I must have missed the period McPhail was in his pomp, and he was with us for about 7 years!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I must have missed the period McPhail was in his pomp, and he was with us for about 7 years!
    McPhail was a great player, only under appreciated by those who think every footballer should fly into tackles and snort all over the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Goodness gracious. I thought this thread couldn’t get any more ridiculous. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    McPhail was a great player, only under appreciated by those who think every footballer should fly into tackles and snort all over the pitch
    Exactly. Probably didn’t kiss the badge or thump his chest enough.

Why the hell, before the season has even started, are we looking to put square pegs in round holes?

Injury crisis fair enough, you look at your options, but it’s 12 weeks before the transfer window shuts and some want us to just juggle half the team about into alien positions.

What about Etheridge at centre half, he's tall and confident

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't believe it, you have finally expressed an original opinion, what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Agreed, liked watching McPhail and think he was a quality player.