+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CROATIA 2 - 1 WALES

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CROATIA 2 - 1 WALES

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    It's a tricky one with Ampadu though as if he was match fit then he's a guaranteed starter. He's a least another season of actually playing competitive football away from that though.

We saw last campaign that he really struggled with a 2 game turnaround and if I was in Giggs shoes I'd also be targeting the Hungary game more than today's.

Hopefully that knock at the end hasn't aggregated anything as he has to start now on Tuesday.
    He hasn't played since February either. Today was his 10th game of the season (5 with Wales!). He also only plays one or two games a month, which is just not good enough for a player with his talent. Sort it out Sarri!

With Chelsea:

1 game Nov
    1 game Dec
    2 games Jan
    1 game Feb

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He hasn't played since February either. Today was his 10th game of the season (5 with Wales!). He also only plays one or two games a month, which is just not good enough for a player with his talent. Sort it out Sarri!

With Chelsea:

1 game Nov
    1 game Dec
    2 games Jan
    1 game Feb
    Why did I know Sarri was going to be mentioned? If it wasn't for him the boy would be a fully match fit 30 game a season first team player now. The only question is in what league.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why did I know Sarri was going to be mentioned? If it wasn't for him the boy would be a fully match fit 30 game a season first team player now. The only question is in what league.
    Now that you mention Sarri, he has wasted a year of Ampadu's life. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm surprised Giggs hasn't told him he needs to get out on loan and play. It would be a real blow to actually qualify for this tournament and Ampadu be only fit enough to play for a couple of hours in the group stage.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm surprised Giggs hasn't told him he needs to get out on loan and play. It would be a real blow to actually qualify for this tournament and Ampadu be only fit enough to play for a couple of hours in the group stage.
    Exactly, and it is a total shambles.

It's frustrating that a number of Croatia's best play was self-inflicted but, again, it feels that there is enough there to make us hopeful. Hungary is the more important match and hopefully this experience stands us in good stead for the home Croatia fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's frustrating that a number of Croatia's best play was self-inflicted but, again, it feels that there is enough there to make us hopeful. Hungary is the more important match and hopefully this experience stands us in good stead for the home Croatia fixture.
    A lot of the younger players are still learning on the job. Days like today will benefit us in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A lot of the younger players are still learning on the job. Days like today will benefit us in the future.
    Exactly. The likes of Bale, Ramsey and Allen went through days like today, and even harder games too, before growing into international footballers and showing their best against Belgium over a number of occasions. Games like this and our previous fixtures against Denmark are not total losses even if they end up defeats.